I traded my Hoof for a Pharaoh

Naterel

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Still loving my Pharaoh too, I definitely like to juice it with a number of different options, like the Mad Prof FGC or even better the RRB. The EHX Germ OD is a pretty good booster with it too. I want to try the Black Forest next. Just great pedals.

• Members
more of the same
:idk:

every muff-type fuzz i've stacked against the Pharaoh sounded like a toy.
NYC BM PI - even my brother laughed at the difference, literally. also had a "Triangle" Muff that sounded like a joke next to it. even next to a Swollen Pickle with all those options it sounded much much better. not to mention the way it stacks with other pedals, which is just dreamy.

so no, not more of the same. this pedal is no hype. it really is awesome and it does what it does like no other pedal i've tried. you should try one yourself.

• Members

I'm running mine in parallel with another drive pedal, blending it with a Small Fry via an LS-2, then into the amp which has its own crunch going. The Pharaoh provides the thickness; the Small Fry provides extra grit and definition. I usually run the the Pharaoh in ge mode on the high setting, but for extra nasty fuzz I'll switch it into si mode on the low setting (if I leave it in high, there's too much feedback with the big volume jump).
Haven't run it in series with a boost/drive pedal yet, but from what I've read it's a most excellent thing to do.

Archived