Got dat J Mascis Squier

OMTerria

• Members
:love: Loving it so far. I haven't even given it a proper setup and the trem still holds tuning really well after some serious abuse. It sounds AMAZING running through the Supercollider, but I need an OD that fits it well. The Hardwire works well and I like the Fulldrive in comp-cut mode with the boost for some fuzziness, but neither are 100% doing it for me. Pretty positive that the Formula Number 5 is next on the list, but I'm open to suggestions too

• Members

iPhone pictures are the best I can do, but here are a few:

img_20120213_04.38.05.3391670.jpg

img_20120213_04.39.19.3019420.jpg

img_20120213_04.40.29.8817220.jpg

The pick guard is more metalic than stock pictures would lead you to believe, it can be decently reflective. Sounds real nice in the middle position with just a bit of OD and some verb. I found something I rather like with the Hardwire, looks like the Fulldrive might go back tomorrow.

I've read in precious threads on Jazzmasters that there is something you spray to make the skrews in the bridge stay a bit tighter? I'd like to get on that sort of thing before it becomes an issue

Edit: :freak: @ the pictures. I guess it didn't do quite what I wanted

• Members

The neck perhaps isn't as smooth as some of the MIM Fenders I've played, but it's definitely easy to work with and I'm still amazed at how well it stays it tune. It's still solid enough that I don't feel the need to retune after 15 minutes or so of straight glide guidaring in addition to the previous abuse. That sort of work conpletely throws my MIM Strat out of wack. It is also very popy and focused compared to the more mellow Strat as well. Both have their place, but I think I'm going to be flipping the Strat towards one of those Thinline Tele HH's (the '72 model I think?)

• Members

I've read in precious threads on Jazzmasters that there is something you spray to make the skrews in the bridge stay a bit tighter? I'd like to get on that sort of thing before it becomes an issue

As someone else pointed out, it's not an issue with the Gibson-style Tunematic Bridge that this guitar and its Fender-mate, the Classic Player have. It's only the ones with each saddle having individual height adjustments (like on the Jazzmaster Black Top). So don't worry about it.

And enjoy! I rarely get excited over a guitar's looks but the J. Mascis by Squier is amazing! Looks like Squier and Fender hit a grand-slam on this one!

• Members

where did you get it man? it's all out of stock as far as i can find. happy NGD!

I went to my local Sam Ash (NJ), and they had had one in and sold it the day before. Since I was looking for an acoustic-electric it was more of a casual discussion. Also, someone here found one to try in the Marietta, Georgia Sam Ash store (been there. Good store, friendly staff). Not one GC in the US has it listed in stock, but all say they can get it in 3-5 days.

Funny thing, it's on the Fender web site but the picture is gone!

• Members
iPhone pictures are the best I can do, but here are a few:

img_20120213_04.38.05.3391670.jpg
img_20120213_04.39.19.3019420.jpg
img_20120213_04.40.29.8817220.jpg
The pick guard is more metalic than stock pictures would lead you to believe, it can be decently reflective. Sounds real nice in the middle position with just a bit of OD and some verb. I found something I rather like with the Hardwire, looks like the Fulldrive might go back tomorrow.

Edit:
:freak:
@ the pictures. I guess it didn't do quite what I wanted

Sweet, still definitely considering one of these. Thanks for posting!

Archived