Just Got an S90ES - Yay for Me!

GigMan

• Members

I also was looking at a S90es and PC3x, here in Canada the S90es can be had for $2200 and the PC3x can be had for $2600. The S90es does have a little bit better piano, but for other sounds I like the PC3x better. In the end I brought a PC3x for under $2500 Canadian, which is about $2000 US, so if you are in the USA look at the north if you want a PC3x.The best price that I saw for PC3x from the USA is from Music123 when they had the 15% off, the PC3x could be had for $2100US.

• Members

I also was looking at a S90es and PC3x, here in Canada the S90es can be had for $2200 and the PC3x can be had for $2600. The S90es does have a little bit better piano, but for other sounds I like the PC3x better. In the end I brought a PC3x for under $2500 Canadian, which is about $2000 US, so if you are in the USA look at the north if you want a PC3x.The best price that I saw for PC3x from the USA is from Music123 when they had the 15% off, the PC3x could be had for $2100US.

PC3X does have real nice non-piano sounds. The Rhodes sounds on the S90ES is frikkin' sweet though! I love 'em. :love:

• Members

PC3X does have real nice non-piano sounds. The Rhodes sounds on the S90ES is frikkin' sweet though! I love 'em.
:love:

You should check out the Rhodes sounds offered on the Vintage Keys soundset- even better than the stock sounds. Lots of good stuff on that bank anyway, but the Rhodes patches are standouts. I've pretty much stopped using my Electro's Rhodes sounds because of that soundset. Once in a while I use one when the Yam is doing another duty.

• Members

I thought it was for his S90.

Also, didn't they look like little coffins laying there unattached?

Yeah, but he had them put on the RD700GX he had for a while and then teased me with ownership and then gave it to somebody in Texas.

I'm still in therapy over it.

• Members

Yeah, but he had them put on the RD700GX he had for a while and then teased me with ownership and then gave it to somebody in Texas.

I'm still in therapy over it.

Oh hai Alex, you mean the RD-700GX wood pieces in this thread, right?

:wave:

Just kidding :cop: - you will actually see the full beast in this real super serious LMAO mock akliner thread.

As a sneak peek at what is inside, here:

gx_7.JPG

• Members

quote by gigman:

'$1,669.99 for the S9ES - brand new.'

Gary-That's a steal. My local dealer sells it for under MAP Price, like $1849, and there's another store in the mid west I deal with that I know sells under my local dealer, although I never priced an S90ES. I will have to keep your store in mind if I am price shopping.

ES series has some GREAT Rhodes sounds. now, I read that the PC3 has up to 32 layers on some of their Rhodes sounds, so you probably wouldn't notice any velocity switching on it. That said, I've been really happy with the variety of Rhodes sounds on my Motif ES8 (same sound set as the S90ES). I've had mine for over 4 years and its still sounds great to my ears. Enjoy!

Mike T.

• Members

I wonder if there will be an XS-90? Maybe something new will come out at NAMM?

In the words of "Achmed the Dead Terrorist (actually the voice of Jeff Dunham, the excellent comedian/ventriloquist who controls Achmed & others) -

"Silence! I keeel you!" :eek::lol:

I'll be pissed :mad: if there's an S90XS coming out soon - but usually NAMM show models are only prototypes so even if it does show at NAMM it probably wouldn't hit the streets until May or June.

• Members

If they made an S90XS I'd be in even more trouble. I've been trying to find a new {censored}ing 88 key for almost a year
:(

Big deal - I've been on the hunt to upgrade to a new 88 key machine for about 5 years... :cry: no joke! :facepalm:

So when I cracked open the box on that brand new S90ES yesterday it was a momentous occasion in my life - much like getting married or having kids. Though not as expensive. :lol:

• Members

Make sure you download the librarian software from Yamaha's site. It's very handy for managing, editing, and backing up your sounds. The editor is real nice because you can see most of the parameters on one screen and not have to go thru all the menus. There are several free sound banks on the Sninety.com site that have some nice usable sounds.

Archived