MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive

Balthazar Munoz

• Members

Okay, The Zakk Wylde "Bullseye" overdrive is supposed to be a MXR pedal : a GT-Od, I think, but its based on a Boss Ds-1. How you can go from a Boss pedal to a MXR pedal by just changing a internal trim beats the {censored} outta me...but...

Not saying its a bad pedal, Do you really think Zakk Wylde really uses this thing, or is it just a gimmick?

• Members

I imagine if he uses it, he uses it as a boost. Dude isn't getting his sound strictly from that pedal.

It is a slightly modified tube screamer. It has a little bit more bass and it's a little less tame (more gain, volume a little more grit).. that's it.

• Members

I think you mean SD-1 not DS-1, guessing the Wylde Overdrive uses asymmetrical clipping like the SD-1 and the GT-OD uses symmetrical clipping like a Tubescreamer, the MXR Classic Overdrive has an internal switch to change between the two.

• Members

I wish zakk wylde would lose his fingers in an accident or something.

whats wrong with Zakk Wylde? I mean, whats not to like about 10 marshall stacks loaded with EV12L's? PLus, he writes some killer studio material even if you may get a bit miffed at all the pinch harmonics in his live act.

he can't help it of he looks like a Biker from hell.

• Members

whats wrong with Zakk Wylde? I mean, whats not to like about 10 marshall stacks loaded with EV12L's? PLus, he writes some killer studio material even if you may get a bit miffed at all the pinch harmonics in his live act.

he can't help it of he looks like a Biker from hell.

I love marshall stacks more than most, but zakk wylde's a great big giant douchebag. No amount of marshall stacks can cover that up.

Archived