spring is almost here... baseball... yeah its OT

hangwire

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good thing I forgot about the Arctic Tailgate... I guess I won't be going to the opener this year.

i showed up at noon when there was a 10 person line...

sleeping outside in winter over night for a standing room ticket is something that is cool for a 20 year old... i just buy a 10 pack and get opening day free

• Members

Imma lurve me beisbol!

My Cubs are gonna suck this year though, no lie. I will be VERY surprised with a .500 record. The only thing I look forward to is some of the players (Castro, Campana, LaHair, Vitters) developing further this year.

Still gonna watch them @ SF in June. Really excited to see AT&T Park, heard it's one of the best in the MLB. :thu:

On the other hand I'm also watching an OAK game the same week.

• Members

I was planning a road trip to show my wife where I grew up in NJ this summer which would have included games in Cincy and Philly, but she got a promotion and wont be able to take as much time as we wanted this summer off due to new responsibilities... so we are going to take a train trip to see the Brewers play the white sox over a weekend, and another weekend quick road trip just to Cincy instead.

I think after those 2 ballparks, we have seen 16 of the 30 :) I look forward to Washington, Arlington, and any other stadiums where fans here post

FYI- Oakland is an experience, take the BART and enjoy the barbwire bridge to the park :lol: but it is not the worst ballpark I have seen... trust me. its is the flipside of new Busch stadium in St. Louis... that one looks great from teh outside but sucks balls once you get in especially if you go above field level

• Members

Now that everyone that can hit a baseball has vacated the NL Central I'm hopeful that it's the Pirates year to sneak into the playoffs and get swept in humiliating fashion.

I would be very very very very happy for the Brewers and Pirates to go back and forth for the next decade trading division titles and playoff battles with the cubs and cardinals at the cellar for a while ... PNC is my #2 favorite stadium :D:thu: I went to the doubleheader vs thw brewers last year, what a fun trip... and back in 2008 after driving back from Fenway, PNC park blew it away.

• Members

My brothers and I took a driving vacation from here to Louisville, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland in 2009. Was intense. Also saw NFL HOF during HOF weekend. :eek:

Just a few stadium pics:
GAB in Cincy is nice, right on the river.
5611_677679702451_17024530_39485229_4497
5611_677679677501_17024530_39485225_3017

Cleveland was alright. No sun coverage where we were though. :cry:
5611_677681738371_17024530_39485437_3630

PNC is kinda neat too, nestled in the city.
5611_677681663521_17024530_39485422_4879

• Members

I hear the new Target Field is great too.

It's nice, it rained very hard that night so we walked around soaking wet much of the night :lol: but we have friends in MN so it won't be too hard to see a game there again soon For a better view with weather hopefully being nicer- I think the front caused a tornado iirc :lol:

Archived