spring is almost here... baseball... yeah its OT

hangwire

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool thing about PNC Park. While they sell {censored}ty beer for $6-7 like any other stadium these days, there's a concession stand that sells bottles of craft beer for the regular price you'd pay at a bar. You can get totally plastered on excellent high ABV beers for a fraction of the price of a Bud Lite buzz.

Very handy when you're watching the Bucs down 5-1 or something to the Astros in the later innings and you don't want to go home yet but you can't stand watching reliever with a 9.xx ERA that you've never heard of in your life.

• Members

i showed up at noon when there was a 10 person line...

sleeping outside in winter over night for a standing room ticket is something that is cool for a 20 year old... i just buy a 10 pack and get opening day free

I'm afraid to buy a ten pack because I probably won't got to half of the games... Not that I don't go to a ton of games, I do. I just can't plan anything that far ahead. I'm going to some spring training games anyway, so maybe that'll make up for missing opening day. Oh, and I'm glad you were at that crazy game in Minneapolis too... I went to the whole series, but I left early the day that they came back and won in the ninth :facepalm:.

Edit: Those are some awesome pics, by the way. I haven't been to any ballparks except County Stadium/ Miller Park, the Metrodome/ Target Field, and Wrigley. I really need to change that.

I'm glad there are some dudes that like baseball on here so I don't look goofy when I inevitably get excited about something during the season and feel the need to post about it.

• Members

Our trip last year we really got to spend more time in the city itself- and there was this one testurant in south town or south side that made this awesome kielbasa and perogie sandwich that had an extensive beer selection, but I didn't find that beer concession at pnc unfortunately. It didn't seem like there was a lot of local brews readily available

But I know the beers laws are a bit different in pa. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but each stadium I try the hot dog, localist beer just to compare across all 30 ballparks. If there is a specialty, I'll make an attempt to try that too

Cool thing about PNC Park. While they sell {censored}ty beer for $6-7 like any other stadium these days, there's a concession stand that sells bottles of craft beer for the regular price you'd pay at a bar. You can get totally plastered on excellent high ABV beers for a fraction of the price of a Bud Lite buzz.

Very handy when you're watching the Bucs down 5-1 or something to the Astros in the later innings and you don't want to go home yet but you can't stand watching reliever with a 9.xx ERA that you've never heard of in your life.

• Members

I'm afraid to buy a ten pack because I probably won't got to half of the games... Not that I don't go to a ton of games, I do. I just can't plan anything that far ahead. I'm going to some spring training games anyway, so maybe that'll make up for missing opening day. Oh, and I'm glad you were at that crazy game in Minneapolis too... I went to the whole series, but I left early the day that they came back and won in the ninth
:facepalm:

I'm glad there are some dudes that like baseball on here so I don't look goofy when I inevitably get excited about something during the season and feel the need to post about it.

:lol:

Yeah the storm was the Saturday night game, and Sunday we drove back listening to that comeback.

I'm going to be in spring traing march 10 for a few days... When are you going?

The 10 pack works for me cause they are all Friday night games, and we live less than a mild away do we just walk or take a bar shuttle there and back. My wife knows we most likely will never have a place so close to a MLB stadium again so she is cool taking advantage of it now :)

• Members

:lol:

Yeah the storm was the Saturday night game, and Sunday we drove back listening to that comeback.

I'm going to be in spring traing march 10 for a few days... When are you going?

I'll be there that weekend also. My friend is getting married on the 10th, I know were going to the game on Sunday for sure, and I'm going to try for at least one of the other days I'm there.

The 10 pack works for me cause they are all Friday night games, and we live less than a mild away do we just walk or take a bar shuttle there and back. My wife knows we most likely will never have a place so close to a MLB stadium again so she is cool taking advantage of it now
:)

That's awesome. I'm sure that if I lived over there (and worked first shift) I would go to at least half of the games, just because. The last couple seasons I have randomly gone to some games during the middle of the week because I got the tickets for like $2 at the last minute; I'm sure I could do that pretty often.

• Members

I'll be there that weekend also. My friend is getting married on the 10th, I know were going to the game on Sunday for sure, and I'm going to try for at least one of the other days I'm there.

That's awesome. I'm sure that if I lived over there (and worked first shift) I would go to at least half of the games, just because. The last couple seasons I have randomly gone to some games during the middle of the week because I got the tickets for like $2 at the last minute; I'm sure I could do that pretty often.

Cool- I bought our lawn seats for the Sunday game (rockies i think) yesterday so come by and say hi - ill be the guy with the brewers hat lounging with my wife.

• Members

Cool- I bought our lawn seats for the Sunday game (rockies i think) yesterday so come by and say hi - ill be the guy with the brewers hat lounging with my wife.

I'll see what I can do... I'll be the probably under-dressed guy in the small crowd of hung over people :)

• Members

Our trip last year we really got to spend more time in the city itself- and there was this one testurant in south town or south side that made this awesome kielbasa and perogie sandwich that had an extensive beer selection, but I didn't find that beer concession at pnc unfortunately. It didn't seem like there was a lot of local brews readily available

But I know the beers laws are a bit different in pa. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but each stadium I try the hot dog, localist beer just to compare across all 30 ballparks. If there is a specialty, I'll make an attempt to try that too

Oh, ok. I was thinking more nationally known craft brews like Dogfish Head. As much of a collective alcoholism diagnosis Pgh is there really isn't much craft brewing to speak of. If anything was available it would be Iron City which is like {censored}ty grandpa beer not craft, or Church Brew Works which is just O.K. There is also East End Brewing but I think they only sell growlers. There's some others I'm missing but frankly nothing to write home about. People drink other PA beers - Yeungling, Lionshead, Straubs a hell of a lot more than anything brewed in this area...

• Members

Oh, ok. I was thinking more nationally known craft brews like Dogfish Head. As much of a collective alcoholism diagnosis Pgh is there really isn't much craft brewing to speak of. If anything was available it would be Iron City which is like {censored}ty grandpa beer not craft, or Church Brew Works which is just O.K. There is also East End Brewing but I think they only sell growlers. There's some others I'm missing but frankly nothing to write home about. People drink other PA beers - Yeungling, Lionshead, Straubs a hell of a lot more than anything brewed in this area...

I had east end beer at some place that served my food on a prison metal lunch tray that used to be a garage, but never made it to church's... Didn't get a lot of praise from people here so didn't make time for it- went to some music shops - one kinda far and on the way back hit another in lawrencetown or something instead

• Members

You here in Philly? I went to 2 of the 3 tex/phl games last year. Only got called a "faggot" once. Pretty proud of Phil's fans control.

TX Rangers jersey doesn't bring the hate like a Mets/Yankees jersey will. Wearing a NY Rangers jersey to a Flyers game will get get you punched the {censored} out like that cop from Jersey found out.

• Members

TX Rangers jersey doesn't bring the hate like a Mets/Yankees jersey will. Wearing a NY Rangers jersey to a Flyers game will get get you punched the {censored} out like that cop from Jersey found out.

There is so much about NHL hockey I need to learn than doesn't translate from ahl minor leagues

Archived