spring is almost here... baseball... yeah its OT

hangwire

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Goons on the ice. Drunken goons at Geno's. That's the difference.

But at the arena itself- NHL is that hostile or just that hostile in Philly where any grown man in another team's jeresy is getting harassed? You hear {censored} talking at wrigley if you wear other team's gear, but I never felt a fight would be imminent

• Members

You here in Philly? I went to 2 of the 3 tex/phl games last year. Only got called a "faggot" once. Pretty proud of Phil's fans control.

yeah i'll be in philly for the summer, i have opening night tickets. also my cousin is the phillie phantic, win!

• Members

I'm hoping for a first ever trip to Milwaukee this year to see a game.

Other than that, i'll probably see 3-4 cubs games and about a dozen sox games. Don't care much for baseball, but have become a huge fan of going to the games since i had kids.

• Members

I'm hoping for a first ever trip to Milwaukee this year to see a game.

Other than that, i'll probably see 3-4 cubs games and about a dozen sox games. Don't care much for baseball, but have become a huge fan of going to the games since i had kids.

Cool :thu: enjoy!

FYI- there are many kids things to interact with near the rf foul pole if you wanted an area to look at for tickets

• Members

But at the arena itself- NHL is that hostile or just that hostile in Philly where any grown man in another team's jeresy is getting harassed? You hear {censored} talking at wrigley if you wear other team's gear, but I never felt a fight would be imminent

Physical confrontations are always a possibility in Philly. Add alcohol and the probability goes up.

What not to wear at the following Philly games:

Eagles: Cowboys or Giants gear

Flyers: Rangers, Capitals, Penguins or just about any other team's gear really

Phillies: Mets, Yankees, Dodgers and sometimes Red Sox

Sixers: Probably the safest right now since they are only mediocre. A Lebron jersey might bring some hassling.

• Members

Physical confrontations are always a possibility in Philly. Add alcohol and the probability goes up.

Sixers: Probably the safest right now since they are only mediocre. A Lebron jersey might bring some hassling.

Why dodgers?

• Members

I've heard of Rangers fans being pretty hostile, but it's mostly a Philly thing. Classic Philly moments: Santa getting hit by beer bottles at an Eagle's game, a veteran/cop getting put in a coma after a Flyer's game, small girl getting purposely vomited on at a Philly's game.

• Members

The Sixers are one of the top teams in the East right now! And wouldn't wearing a Celtics or Knicks jersey (never hurts to be obnoxious) get you into a physical confrontation anywhere, especially Philly?

• Members

The Sixers are one of the top teams in the East right now! And wouldn't wearing a Celtics or Knicks jersey (never hurts to be obnoxious) get you into a physical confrontation anywhere, especially Philly?

The Sixers are good but not great and everyone knows it. They won't make it past Miami or Chicago in the playoffs. Lakers and Celtics fans/gear used to bring the hate. Still does with me but the younger crowd doesn't remember the 80's when the Sixers had to go through those teams every year to have a chance at the title.

• Members

Why dodgers?

You can read some Phils/Dodgers history here. Plus it's LA and people around here don't really care for LA. And the Dodgers are one of those teams that seems to have fans everywhere even though most of them aren't origianlly from SoCal.

• Members

The Sixers are good but not great and everyone knows it. They won't make it past Miami or Chicago in the playoffs. Lakers and Celtics fans/gear used to bring the hate. Still does with me but the younger crowd doesn't remember the 80's when the Sixers had to go through those teams every year to have a chance at the title.

They're at least competitive. They do need more of a legitimate alpha dog to challenge for the finals, you're right. But they're at least watchable, more than a lot of teams can say right now. And I hope that leads to an obnoxious Knicks fan getting beer poured on him.

Archived