Ampeg Dudes (erskin?)

echodeluxe

• Members

Ampeg R12R. what of it?

recent reissure, $200 because the reverb doesnt work (most likely an easy ass fix).

price seems too good, and i mean, ive heard the reverb is to die for. wassup?

I think thats a pretty good deal, and while I've never played that particular amp, I trust Ampegs to always sound pretty good.

• Members

It had that Camarillo brillo.

henson's music, phil?

zappa is wrong as usual, it's pronounced 'cama-rio'. though I think he might say it correctly in the song.

I have a R212R and I really like it. I think one of the guys in kings of leon uses it too....even if you don't like that band it's worth noting that he could afford to play dumbles but he uses this ampeg.

• Members

That looks kind of rough... Thats probably about what its worth though assuming the only problem is the missing speaker. I'll probably have that much into mine by the time I'm done with it.

That's a horrible price for that thing :lol:. Regardless I think that's a little too much amp for what he's going for.

...I still remember getting a V4 and a 1960b in a trade for a hot rod deluxe, which I paid $400 for :lol:. Selling the 1960b I didn't want equated to essentially a V4 at the cost of new filter caps.

henson's music, phil?

How many little music stores are there in Camarillo that have been around that long? ;)

Yes, it was Henson's. :)

zappa is wrong as usual,

:whisper: Don't let my daughter hear you say that. ;)

it's pronounced 'ca-ma-ri-o'.

Yup - accent on the third syllable. I know the town well - I have family that lives there. I lived there myself once upon a long time ago.

I have a R212R and I really like it. I think one of the guys in kings of leon uses it too....even if you don't like that band it's worth noting that he could afford to play dumbles but he uses this ampeg.

But first, Dumble has to hear him and decide if he's worthy of a Dumble or not... maybe he didn't make the cut, and thus he's having to use the Reverberocket. ;)

• Members

How many little music stores are there in Camarillo that have been around that long?
;)

Yes, it was Henson's.
:)

Yup - accent on the third syllable. I know the town well - I have family that lives there. I lived there myself once upon a long time ago.

But first, Dumble has to hear him and decide if he's worthy of a Dumble or not... maybe he didn't make the cut, and thus he's having to use the Reverberocket.
;)

that's really cool, phil. I grew up there and have family there as well :thu:

• Members

zappa is wrong as usual, it's pronounced 'cama-rio'. though I think he might say it correctly in the song.

He doesn't, but it's intended. "Toads of the short forest" refers to crotch critters.

As for the Ampeg blue-check reissues - they're really Crates in nicer clothing. Virtually nothing in common. If you want Ampeg, get the real deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This

One of the best sounding rigs I've ever played through was a rackmount Chandler Tube Driver into a vintage Reverberocket at a little music store in Camarillo back in the late 80s.

Ahh henson's. Last time I walked into that one they didn't have anything NEARLY as cool as what you played.

I did score a Reverbojet off of eBay at the beginning of 2010. 18 watts of pure muahhhhh. I loved everything about it, the verb was haunting as funk. But alas, 18 watts and only having a volume and tone knob meant trouble at gigs where the amp wasn't mic'd. Which happened to be quite a few at that time. I'd have to turn it up to where it ended up having more distortion than I wanted, and we painfully had to part. But man, if I had money to burn I'd find another one of those and keep it in a very safe location. Has that Ampeg tone but with a lesser known model name. But according to my research Keef was big on them for a time.

Archived