Thread 2; about ebay

• Members

The situation: there's an auction that you and one other person want to win.

If you bid early, even if you put in a high maximum bid, the other person will bid and bid until he's bidding more than you. More often than not he will go above what he thought would be his maximum because people get competitive and have to win.

If you waited to bid until the last ten seconds, the other bidder would have placed his maximum bid and sat back waiting to win, especially if his is the only bid. OK, your max bid may not be higher than his, but if you bid early you notify your opponent that there's someone else out there interested and you'll guarantee his max bid will be higher than yours.

Before you start decide what your maximum bid will be and stick to it. Maybe you don't win the first auction you bid on, maybe not even the second, but you will eventually win one and you won't have been goaded into a bidding war and paying more than the item is worth. It takes time and patience but not being competitive saves money in the long run.

• Members

The situation: there's an auction that you and one other person want to win.

If you bid early, even if you put in a high maximum bid, the other person will bid and bid until he's bidding more than you. More often than not he will go above what he thought would be his maximum because people get competitive and have to win.

If you waited to bid until the last ten seconds, the other bidder would have placed his maximum bid and sat back waiting to win, especially if his is the only bid. OK, your max bid may not be higher than his, but if you bid early you notify your opponent that there's someone else out there interested and you'll guarantee his max bid will be higher than yours.

Before you start decide what your maximum bid will be and stick to it. Maybe you don't win the first auction you bid on, maybe net even the second, but you will eventually win one and you won't have been goaded into paying more than the item is worth. It takes time and patience but not being competitive saves money in the long run.

Yeah, It's dumb how i see auctions on used {censored} get just below new retail value... You might have won the auction but you look like an idiot.

• Members

No, I do have a life, which is why I don't use snipe programs. I've got a sound set of morals and using snipers is against everything I stand for.

ha internet is super serious dude. I have no morals because I occasionally snipe on a site that screws people over left right and center everyday. I was implying you have time on your hands to sit there and wait for an auction, I know I don't tis why I snipe not like I owe you an explanation or anything.

Archived