Joke of the day

Gonkboy

• Members
:thu:
The Terrace Mutiny was a pretty isolated and obscure event in Canadian military history, I think more people are familiar with Vimy Ridge and Dieppe. You know, where the Canadians
didn't
run away.

As for the French, google "Verdun".

Nevertheless, the particular individual in your story sounds like a douche, so good work dispatching him.

• Members

The Terrace Mutiny was a pretty isolated and obscure event in Canadian military history, I think more people are familiar with Vimy Ridge and Dieppe. You know, where the Canadians didn't run away.

As for the French, google "Verdun".

There was a concerted effort to cover up the Terrace Mutiny though so that's perhaps why it remains obscure. The examples you gave were from WW1 and a combined effort involving the UK, America, and Canada. The joke was about WW2.

• Members

The joke was about WW2.

In that case, you probably should have clarified things by saying "So if you're half French half Canadian, which half of you would have run away first in WW2?" Either way, your "joke" was about tired, historically inaccurate stereotypes.

Which, in your context, was entirely appropriate.

• Members

In that case, you probably should have clarified things by saying "So if you're half French half Canadian, which half of you would have run away first i
n WW2
?" Either way, your "joke" was about tired, historically inaccurate stereotypes.

Which, in your context, was entirely appropriate.

There's no such thing as half-french, half-canadian.

Archived