Dirt, Joe Dirt (NPD)

Aaron SS

• Members

IMGP6818.jpg

Two recent additions, Dr Scientist The Elements and a Fulltone OCD Rev 4.

First the OCD - I really didn't need this pedal but a great deal came up on here that I had to snag (it was almost Joyo priced!). Really glad I did because it fits well with my preference for overdrive/distortions which is more of a compressed smooth sound. Oddly enough I was going to make a bit of a bummer thread about my recent negative experience with Fulltone's Customer Service but I'm pleased with this buy. Let's just hope I don't have any problems with it (story for another day.... :lol:)

Now The Elements - This was one that I was really interested in trying after reading so much positive feedback on it and I can honestly say it doesn't disappoint. To sum it up it's a tweakers dream. It's basically polar opposite of the OCD which I find to be a one trick pony (it does that trick excellent I might add) in that you can really cop any clean boost, mild od, heavier od, or distortion sound you're looking for. Every knob does what it's advertised to do with an impressive amount of range. Great all around but if I had to nitpick I'd ask why there's so much gain on the high gain toggle position, to me it's almost unusable past 10 o clock on the gain knob.

• Members

too much gain?

I thought you were cool man.

It has an awesome gain range but I'm just saying if I had to nitpick, it actually has too much to be usable for me. The lower gain mode and gain below 10 o clock on the high gain mode are killer.

I'm happy that it has more than enough rather than not enough.

• Members

Pretty sure were not friends anymore.

Mike - ill keep you in mind man, I always give new pedals quite a while before I decide even though I usually get a pretty good idea quickly

of course man! As do I. Thanks for keeping me in mind.

How's it with your tele? Good clarity? I'm sure it's great with the blend and all.

• Members

Nice combo dude. Wouldn't mind giving the Elements a try someday, though I think next up with be either the Black Forest or the Empress Multidrive, love the tweaking options on that thing too.

• Members

Nice man! Never been interested in the OCD, but The Elements seems really cool. Have you played a Tim Aaron? If so, how do the low/med overdrives compare?

I've not played a Tim but I have played a Timmy and would say that they are quite comparable but I'd prefer to have the Timmy do the low/med gain thing and have The Elements do the higher gain. To me that's where both pedals shine and with the jaw droppingly low price of a Timmy it's well worth every dollar.

• Members

There's no stuffing ANYTHING else in the enclosure, they have it neatly and impressively laid out as

Which is why the slightly larger enclosures that we're used in previous versions of the reverberator and cosmichorus were ideal as they had plenty of rooms or a battery and a small pizza party.

Archived