NRD: New Rat Day!

Ianasauras

• Members

They're really cool! I had a bunch as a kid. My sister would get ones without the tails and I'd specifically ask for the longest tail. They make for great entertainment and they're super friendly but you do need to clean their living quarters (lulz) a lotttttt.

• Members

I got two for a science fair experiment in 5th grade. I build a maze and.... {censored} I really can't remember what the point of the maze was..... Anyway, not long after having them they had babies. Their babies had babies, and then their babies turned their cage into a {censored} farm. By the end of the year I had around 70 of those little bastards. I ended up selling them to my sister's boyfriend who had a red tailed boa. I love rats, but they are walking turd factories and seem to be able to get pregnant even before birth.

• Members

My wife used to work on rats. She was able to open up the chest cavity and tie off a lung so it would die, then sew it back up for a few days.... then go back and open it up and untie the lung and test what could help regenerate the now dead lung... Hopefully this will help solve the human mortality of pulmonary hypertension and other lung disorders.

• Members

Congrats! Same brew as mine?

To the OP: congrats on the Rats! I hear they are great pets. My bass player used to have one.

Quite similar, a little more tame and domestic though :) yours was the inspiration

And yes, to OP I've had a few friends with rats as pets and I really enjoyed them too

Archived