What fuzz (AKA are we really doing this again?)

Vince

• Members

I want a new fuzz. Fuzz face or Tonebender. Gnarly, beefy, fat fuzz. Not smooth or tasteful. To go into an AC30 (topboost channel) either on its own, or through a Visual Sound Open Road with a tele, a strat and very occasionally a Les Paul.

Marvellous

• Members

I've played with the octave fuzz on my M13 and it's great, but I think I'd rather try a straight up nasty fuzz.

Who is this Aaron who makes the MKII?

Fuzz faces aren't that gnarly. I would try a tonebender with bias control or maybe even an octave fuzz.

Guest Guest

Fuzzfaceless and Skinpimp make my favorite tonebenders - gnarly stuff. I'd recommend a MkII for a Vox over a fuzz face, but if you go the fuzz face route, Analogman makes my favorite.

• Members

Throbak Overdrive Boost. Far more versatile than any Tonebender I've had, beats the Musket by a long way, will do a major Muff-like fuzz through to Tonebender sounds courtesy of the EQ, excellent as an overdrive as well. Wish I hadn't sold mine, will get another one day.

• Members

I don't have a lot of experience with ff or tonebenders, but i got to jam a DAM meathead deluxe for awhile and i know it's fuzz face based and sounds exactly like what your talking about. {censored}ing awesome pedal. They're real spendy, but there's cheaper clones out there. I also briefly had an EQD tonereaper that was really dreamy on some amps, but didn't get along well with mine.

• Members

Some of the pedals being mentioned aren't actually fuzz pedals. The elements, for example, while being able to get fairly fuzzy, is a distortion and excels at being one. Black forest i'm pretty sure isn't actually a true fuzz either.

Black Forest is more of a fuzz than a distortion. Elements isn't a fuzz that's for sure.

Archived