This is my BOOM STICK!

Gremson

• Members

Got my bass rig all dialed in this weekend.

Parts for my Affinity P-bass came yesterday. GFS pickup. New pots, input jack, tone cap. Picked up a thumb rest and speed knobs from Old Town Music. D'Addario Chromes and it sounds badass. Gonna order a chrome bridge cover for it soon.

Today I nabbed an Acoustic 470 head. I'm extra pumped about this because I already have an Acoustic 2X15 cab. I think this is as close as I've ever come to having a matching amp stack!

IMG_0828.jpg

Gonna be looking into some sweet bass effects soon! I built myself and SFT, which sounds awesome through my buddy's Ampeg B5R. But the 470 doesn't need any help in the dirt department. This thing is sick! I'm thinking about some kinda bass synth first. Maybe a chorus or flanger to mimic Ben Kenney's sound on Incubus Alive At Redrocks.

• Members

I was given a bitchin' old-school Squier II P-bass I want to do something with. It plays great, and sounds pretty good but really needs new electronics. A new pick up could be fun. I gotta get on that.

• Members

I was given a bitchin' old-school Squier II P-bass I want to do something with. It plays great, and sounds pretty good but really needs new electronics. A new pick up could be fun. I gotta get on that.

I got the pickguard, pots, pickup, and orange drop caps from GFS for $65 shipped. Totally worth it.

I'm pretty pumped for this rig. Gonna run it at band practice at thursday. I'll have my first gig with it in a month!

• Members

I got the pickguard, pots, pickup, and orange drop caps from GFS for $65 shipped. Totally worth it.

I'm pretty pumped for this rig. Gonna run it at band practice at thursday. I'll have my first gig with it in a month!

$65:eek: I have an 18" Fender cab I need to check out more too. I could be 2/3 or 1/2 the way to a cool rig and not know it.

• Members

So far I'm really happy with the pickup. It's definitely a hell of a step up from the stock pickup.

I haven't messed with many high end P-Basses so I can't really compare it to anything, but to my ears it sounds REALLY good.

Archived