quick octave pedal question

korgi

• Members

does anyone make and analog octave pedal, that does both up and down octaves.....or is it a case of having to buy two separate pedals for the job? (i know there are some synthy pedals that do it, but i'm after just regular octave sounds really)

• Members

+1 to foxrox octron. most 'organic' sounding octave pedal ive ever heard.

only thing is that the up octave is always dirty, can't have a clean one. depending on what you need it for that may be a dealbreaker. but it soudns really {censored}in good

• Members

Pearl Octaver..

But from what i heard, the upper octave is pretty dirty sounding.

The PS-5 is fun. Thats what i'm using for clean upper octave soloing and it sounds great. The -1 octave on the PS-5 isn't as good, but it does work.

I'm pretty sure the PS-6 sounds better though.

But yeah, bass lines are best done with an OC-2 or a DOD Octoplus or something like that.

i'm in the same boat trying to find a simple octave up/down.

Looking for it to be clean, not like the Octron, and I don't really like the tone of the Micro pog.

• Members

some good ideas there, thanks :) ......the foxrox sounds good, i've already tried the pollyanna, and its a great pedal, but the octave downs are synthy and glitchy (sounded great, but not what im after).....i was considering maybe a zvex johnny octave and ehx octave multiplexer - looks like it might get expensive :lol:

im just surprised there aren't more out there to be honest.

• Members

The PS-5 sounds better (to me), but the PS-6 will do both upper and lower octaves. So will the Digitech HarmonyMan.

These are "clean" harmonizers, quite different from the Octavia-style distortion pedals used by Hendrix, etc.

Exactly. The PS-5 is a great octave +1/-1 pedal even though I do notice a bit of lag with the -1 octave setting.

And yes. clean harmonizers/octavers are, for the most part, digital.

Isn't the original POG the only one that isn't?

I personally have no use for octavia tones.

What category would the Pearl Octaver go in? I have yet to find a decent demo of it set to clean.

Not sure why some guys use the gain channel and call it clean.

Archived