First time going to Motor City Guitars

Firebrand

• Members

522927_3291608243674_1071781878_3027956_

Holy Crap!

It's a little pawn shop vibe, but for selection of pedals alone...over 350 different ones in stock on display, plus another 100 used. w:lol:w.

So the place is a little messy, big deal. I had a BLAST.

Looking at going back again when I can spend an entire day there by myself.

• Members

Sadly, no. But I have played my share of those Walnut bodied planks. Ugh.

I'm sure an SG version HAS to be better.

Sadly, there wasn't anything I could live without unless I was TGP-ing. Then I would have taken the TimeLine that was in stock along with 2 other Strymon pedals and a Malekko or 4.

I did buy a logo'd pick pouch, ALL-NICKEL D'Addario electric strings, and a set of Gilmour GHS to put on my deluxe after I install some LSGs.

• Members

Never been, but I'm almost in the neighborhood today. Hmmmmm...

You have to check it out. It's a little grungy and pawn-shop like in the upkeep, but any guitar on the floor you can pull off the wall and no cross eyed dirty looks.

All the high end Gibbys, Fendz, PRSi and EvHs are in areas where you have to ask for them.

• Members

Someone should sneak up there at night and put the pickguards on the proper sides.
:D

Haha!

Super cool store for FX. I've been five or six times (probably would go more often if it weren't so out of the way -- getting to Waterford from Livonia requires like, 16 or 17 left turns). They have a ton of stuff!

• Members

You have to check it out. It's a little grungy and pawn-shop like in the upkeep, but any guitar on the floor you can pull off the wall and no cross eyed dirty looks.

Yeah, it sorta feels like guitar center if GC pulled all of their gear and had you go back to the warehouse to look through it all.

• Members

Haha!

Super cool store for FX. I've been five or six times (probably would go more often if it weren't so out of the way -- getting to Waterford from Livonia requires like, 16 or 17 left turns). They have a ton of stuff!

That was me! We stayed at a HI Exp just off the Livonia/Farmington Hills 8 mile divide.

• Members

Yeah, it sorta feels like guitar center if GC pulled all of their gear and had you go back to the warehouse to look through it all.

Interesting analogy. Especially for the amp room. There were amps two and three deep.

Same for the lower end heads and 4x12 cabs.

Archived