Jazzmaster and jaguars, the new Jacksons and Kramers?

renula

• Members

while offsets have blown up on some forums (here), real world I hardly ever see them being used. its rare to see a band use them around here, and any shop you walk into you're lucky to see one of each type when surrounded by hundreds of guitars, if that.

Are you serious? Jazzmasters/Jaguars are absolutely the trendy guitar right now. Being in Chicago, one trip to Pitchfork or Lollapalooza will confirm that. The only other guitar that seems to be as trendy is the semi-hollow (anythingn resembling a 335.)

• Members

Are you serious? Jazzmasters/Jaguars are absolutely the trendy guitar right now. Being in Chicago, one trip to Pitchfork or Lollapalooza will confirm that. The only other guitar that seems to be as trendy is the semi-hollow (anythingn resembling a 335.)

I played a show back in march, 4 bands and each one had at least one person playing a jazzmaster (which would be me in my band). BUT I still don't see them as often as I do Les Paul's, SG's or Strat's, and that was the first show in a year where i saw anyone using a JM. While they may be trendy I still feel they are far from the top of most widely used guitars now a days.

• Members

when I say "here", I mean Vancouver (BC, Canada). I can't speak for any other cities around the world, but "here" offsets are rarely seen. then again, the local scene is largely metal bands and nickleback clones, not exactly a sound offsets do well.

• Members

while offsets have blown up on some forums (here), real world I hardly ever see them being used. its rare to see a band use them around here, and any shop you walk into you're lucky to see one of each type when surrounded by hundreds of guitars, if that.

Same around here too. There are some bands that use them, but I see way more Teles or Les Paul than offsets. The Jassmaster I bought has been in the store for a VERY long time

before I got it 4 years ago. They seems to cary more offsets these days, especially the MIM ones.

• Members

when I say "here", I mean Vancouver (BC, Canada). I can't speak for any other cities around the world, but "here" offsets are rarely seen. then again, the local scene is largely metal bands and nickleback clones, not exactly a sound offsets do well.

Here (Winnipeg) no one seems to play offsets. I can only recall seeing one Jazzmaster at the local Long & McQuade, a used Fender Mascis and I walked out with it.

• Members

Sounds similar to LA, although Teles are probably the most common. Strats and Les Pauls are pretty rare aside from the occasional LP Junior or Special.

edit: Wait, I lied. All the Doom guys love humbucker'd Gibsons. I was thinking more the indie rock scene.

• Members

I don't know how it is around the rest of the country, but I rarely see a Jazzmaster or Jaguar when I walk into one of the big music stores here. But there's hundreds of Gibsons and plenty of strats and teles. I really don't see offsets saturating the market if I can barely find one in a guitar center.

• Members

Yeah, I'm always quite surprised to see an 'uncool' guitar like a Strat or a Les Paul on display these days. Plenty of bands still use Telecasters though, particularly things like the '72 Custom or whatever it's called. I'm sure I would spot very different trends if I went to see metal bands.

• Members

:lol: pitchfork

Archived