best GFS tele bridge pickup for pixies/rocking tones, also... white covers?

• Members

just wondering if anyone has used a GFS tele single coil that they were especially happy with? seems to be a lot of choices

also, are all tele bridge pickups black? they dont seem to have a removable cover. anyone seen one in white?

• Members

yep. played frank black in a pixies tribute for years; used a GFS fatbody in the bridge of my tele. sounded great.

good to know... gfs has like 13 tele pickups now all over the page in different sub catagories... :lol:

• Members

put a lace sensor blue in it.. a white covered one obviously! (I think you can get them for teles)

"Warm and loud like an old 50's humbucking pickup."

I'd bet it will sound better than any GFS, I used to have one in the bridge of my strat.

• Members

put a lace sensor blue in it.. a white covered one obviously! (I think you can get them for teles)

"Warm and loud like an old 50's humbucking pickup."

I'd bet it will sound better than any GFS, I used to have one in the bridge of my strat.

can't see them for sale :idk:

• Members

can't see them for sale
:idk:

Maybe not then... I have seen teles with them in the bridge but maybe they were a different bridge or maybe just a tele specific lace sensor or something.. I dunno sorry. :(

• Members

:lol:
!!!!

how's the lace sound in a tele Trav?

side note: mel is is raining here but we are sitting on the porch watching the storm roll through, so right now this is nice and cozy, but Kart might be an option if you and the kids are still up in a bit :thu:

• Members

the lace sensors on ebay now dont distinguish color, so I would have to luck out and find a blue one online or in person. If nothing comes up, I'll get a Fatbody when I order the bridge from GFS.

unless there is an easy way to mount a strat lace sensor in a tele bridge?

• Members

side note: mel is is raining here but we are sitting on the porch watching the storm roll through, so right now this is nice and cozy, but Kart might be an option if you and the kids are still up in a bit
:thu:

Bri says yes... I'll log into chat.

• Members

to PINE APPLE SLIM-

can you please be more specific with the examples I posted in the OP... which one would fit best in your opinion?

I like the L-48TL& L45S rail combo myself. Noiseless cause they are humbuckers, yet don't loose the highs like most humbuckers. Not muddy at all, at any gain setting. They handle high gain awesomely, yet clean up beautifully. A very hifi pickup, you get out exactly what you put in.

The noiseless single coils also get similar rave reviews.

But these models only come with black covers. Unless you could talk them into a special order, they are a small shop.

The Keystones are traditional tele single coils, very vintage in character. They would do fine if you can live with normal single coil hum. AND they come with the option of a white cover.

Have not personally tried any others but the rails, but based on them, I would not hesitate to order ANY of Bills offerings.

Archived