Best Blues OD with a Strat - > Fender Twin

• Members

Made a thread a few days ago and am definitely thinking about the BB comp for my higher gain and lead tones. I plan the boost the BB with a Keeley Katana, however I want something that gives me a nice, transparent bluesy tone. Something mayerish, maybe into some SRV stuff.

Any thoughts? I've been thinking about an 808 tube screamer for a while...Maxon or Ibanez? Maybe one of the boosters from Xotic, or a catalina, but I'm not sure. Open to almost anything, cost isn't much of an issue.

• Members

That's one I was looking at as well, Voodoo labs right? The 808 seems like the one for me, do you all think I should go with an Ibanez or Maxon? And is the Ibanez Reissue any diff from the standard one? I'd like one with true bypass..

• Members

That's one I was looking at as well, Voodoo labs right? The 808 seems like the one for me, do you all think I should go with an Ibanez or Maxon? And is the Ibanez Reissue any diff from the standard one? I'd like one with true bypass..

if you want t/b go with the maxon od9. the reissue ibanez ts808 sounds great. maxon od808 is not true bypass. they are all very similar; however, the ts808 is the best.

Archived