What's the name of that Chinese mini pedal manufacturer? They're new, and cheap.

• Members

I got the Shimverb earlier this week. No clips or anything, but I do like it. I don't think it'd fly for any of the real reverb freaks here because it strikes me as pretty subtle overall, but I just need it for a little air in the notes. Funny they call it the Shimverb, though, cuz the Shimmer mode is garbage, IMO. It's not just octaves-- you get some 5ths and {censored} in there that just get in the way, especially on chords.

So far I'm liking the Room mode best. Subtle, but good. Spring is OK, not great-- it doesn't handle gain very well on longer decay times. They did it on purpose (I wrote them asking about it), as though the springs are clattering around from the punishment. Some may like that, but I'm not crazy about it. I'm also really picky about spring verb in general, so my opinion may not be useful.

Last note about the sound is that it does have a little bit of volume drop. Not a dealbreaker for me, but it's there.

Build quality is solid, and I'm really glad to have a little reverb on the board, cuz my amp verb keeps going out. Pretty sure I'll be keeping it, but I'll know for sure after some shows.

Archived