Steinberger Guitars?

• Members

I had a Hohner - sold it in the great gear sell-off of 2007 and kind of regret it. I replaced the crappy EMG (passive) pickups with Lollars and it sounded great. Was so small and light - was a joy to play. Really held tune well (even with the pot metal trem, which I tended to keep locked out). I had a Spirit bass, too - also nice, but I thought the Hohner was a little better build.

• Members

I've got a G3T and it's by far my most used guitar. The trem is my favourite by far, even better than the Lo Pro Edge in my Japanese RG770FM. It really never goes out of tune and as it can lock in place you can easily used it in fixed bridge mode if you're not interested in it.

As has been said, the passive EMGs that come with it are useless, but I put a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and two Lil'59s in neck and middle position. Each pickup has its own switch so it can be in single or humbucking modes, or off. Ultimate versatility and it really does sound great, although I think I'm going to take out one of the Lil'59s and put in something different to give even more variety at some point.

• Members

Yup, for a long time.

Almost bought one. Called the guy and talked to him for about 45 minutes about specs and wood, etc. Then I read on the (defunct) Klein forum that people had their guitars backed up for 3 or 4 years! Scratch that. Saved me about $4,000. He stopped production soon after that. Apparently he has Lymes Disease which made it hard for him to make guitars (but he still took money). Would still love one - beautiful guitars.

• Members

unless I was in an 80's wedding band, I wouldn't touch these abominations with a borrowed dick. Highest of Horses'd.
:lol:

Ironically, actual members of wedding bands in the '80s would probably be rocking a classic Fender or Gibson axe.

Archived