I'm not special?

Ryan.

• Members

I agree with Mister

They dont remember 9/11

They think PBR is awesome beer

They grew up in a social media environment that has made them believe the lack of privacy is OK

And they think Dubstep is awesome

oldrant.gif

• Members

I cannot even begin to say how terrible this speech is. It's a longwinded cynical stand-up routine that goes minutes about marriage and that men are different than women before even getting to a bit about not being special and quoting men who he obviously holds to high appraise and thus must feel that they are, in fact, special. To knock the works of Fred Rogers is, in my opinion, blasphemous. Not to mention that it's a major rule in comedy to scratch your callbacks when they don't work the first time. The Orioles joke is exponentially unfunny.

Hrm... I guess I can begin to say how terrible this speech is. I feel special now, and he probably feels special having this stupid speech posted all over the goddamn place.

• Members

I cannot even begin to say how terrible this speech is. It's a longwinded cynical stand-up routine that goes minutes about marriage and that men are different than women before even getting to a bit about not being special and quoting men who he obviously holds to high appraise and thus must feel that they are, in fact, special. To knock the works of Fred Rogers is, in my opinion, blasphemous. Not to mention that it's a major rule in comedy to scratch your callbacks when they don't work the first time. The Orioles joke is exponentially unfunny.

Hrm... I guess I can begin to say how terrible this speech is. I feel special now, and he probably feels special having this stupid speech posted all over the goddamn place.

So you didn't like it then?

• Members

It's a longwinded cynical stand-up routine that goes minutes about marriage and that men are different than women before even getting to a bit about not being special and quoting men who he obviously holds to high appraise and thus must feel that they are, in fact, special.

Yeah, I got four minutes in and that's kinda all I gout out of it. I was hoping to hear some zingers that would wreck 18-year-old esteems.

• Members

Also, I dunno about you guys but I've met maybe a couple thousand people in my life. So, if someone's even one in a thousand, they'd stick out to me as important in my life. Why the {censored} would you have to be unique to be important?

Does that mean my dad shouldn't be special to me because there are another billion dads around? No.

• Members

I cannot even begin to say how terrible this speech is. It's a longwinded cynical stand-up routine that goes minutes about marriage and that men are different than women before even getting to a bit about not being special and quoting men who he obviously
holds to high appraise
and thus must feel that they are, in fact, special. To knock the works of Fred Rogers is, in my opinion, blasphemous. Not to mention that it's a major rule in comedy to scratch your callbacks when they don't work the first time. The Orioles joke is exponentially unfunny.

Next time try English, buttercup.

(Cue "Dueling Banjos".)

• Members

Great blend of useful information and humor. We tend to reward mediocrity when we reward people for simply trying.

nothing wrong in rewarding someone who is TRULY trying - but who TRULY tries, really?

• Members

I agree with Mister

They dont remember 9/11

They think PBR is awesome beer

They grew up in a social media environment that has made them believe the lack of privacy is OK

And they think Dubstep is awesome

oldrant.gif

oh, yeah. {censored}ing kids.

• Members

Next time try English, buttercup.

(Cue "Dueling Banjos".)

The sad thing is that I'm not even sure exactly what I even meant to say there. I'm sleepy.

Edit: Possibly, the really sad thing is that I majored in Women's Literature.

Archived