Best Analog Octave Down Pedal

Amigo

• Members

Funny, I was thinking of posting a thread about this. I've had a number of them and none are going to have perfect tracking. However, I just got an arion AOC-1 that I'm really digging. It definitely glitches out, but sounds awesome and is good enough for (clean) arpeggios. I've owned the EHX multiplex, but never quite melded with it, and the Boss is cool but always sounds like a boss oc-2 (dunno how to explain it, but I get sick of the sound quick; also makes me sound like a jackass coverband). I know there was some company was coming out with a cool analog octave down that had digital control and all kinds of options, but I'm blanking on that right now.... Godlyke maybe?

• Members

The humble and cheap boss OC2 is a great analogue octave down pedal.

I too have a POG but the oc2 tone is superior in my view. Single notes only though.

pretty much all analog octave downs will be single note only.

Tracking will usually be best with the neck pickup as the bridge pickup usually produces too many harmonics especially on lower frets. This makes it really hard for simple analog circuits to "find" the fundamental note.

Sometimes {censored}ty tracking is part of the attraction... bluebox.

• Members

pretty much all analog octave downs will be single note only.

Tracking will usually be best with the neck pickup as the bridge pickup usually produces too many harmonics especially on lower frets. This makes it really hard for simple analog circuits to "find" the fundamental note.

Sometimes {censored}ty tracking is part of the attraction... bluebox.

Spot on, love the blue box.

Archived