Tell me about your Devi pedals

OMTerria

• Members

I've had the Rocket and Noise Floor SM before and loved both, but didn't really have a use for them at the time. I want to get my Devi fuzz on again but my head is spinning with all the options. Which have you used and what do you think? I'm considering just getting another Rocket, but the Disaster Fuzz, Bit, US, and Torns Peaker in particular look pretty cool as well.

• Members

I have the older E13 pedals, NoFi and DarkBoost, both with artwork inside

both are extremely useful and continue to be used

the NoFi is great for vocals

the switch on My DarkBoost is acting up a little, so it's no longer on my board, but I used to have it on many years

both pedals stack very well with other dirt

• Members

I've had many of them...

what I currently have:

Dream Mangler - the VFM side is a good sharp fuzz, and with the "chaos" switch engaged, it does cool noisy swell stuff. The Disaster fuzz side is fun with the oscillation on and is good for grungy riff with it off.

Never Drive - One of my favorite octave fuzzes. Can sound super-nasty. Great to stack into other fuzzes.

Dark Boost - Don't use this alot but when I do, it's mainly to push other fuzzes into feedback.

Punch Love - Great trebly clean boost to stack into other fuzzes. Make my Fingerprint extra fuzzy and ringing

what I have owned:

Silver Crank - great texture for Smahing Pumpkins style riffing. Soild fuzz for rhythm.

Shoe Gazer - not good for shoegaze, but good for long sustained noises. I thought the TP side was a little weak sounding for rhythm though.

LP - the distortion is actually kind of cool and edgy and the "hiccup" actually sounds nifty with lots of strummed passages

Torn's Peaker - Owned a couple versions. They sounded different. The best one was like a really raw and angry od/distortion. I've found with most of these that the fuzzier they get, the weaker they sound.

Soda Meiser - sounded a little muddy/bassy to me. Was good for heavy riffs, but I didn't like it with much else.

Test Pattern - loads of sounds for a two knob fuzz (trem fuzz, octave down, etc) but couldn't find one I loved

Aenima - It's bneen a long time since I owned this one, so I don't recall details well, but I remember really liking what it did at the time

Archived