Hey, lets all look at the guitar I just missed the BIN on from eBay...

cobalt-60

• Members

I just saw this on eBay, BIN $105 shipped. I debated two minutes, said yeah, and saw somebody scooped it up. I haven't bought guitar {censored} in years, and this is exactly the kind of project I want. The headstock is laminated in mahogony. Look at how {censored}ing cool the body carving is! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu* :arg:

mystery.png

I've never even seen one like this. Look at the recessed vibrato area. What a cool shape. If the neck was too thin, I'd slap an old Duo Sonic neck on it or something. I wanna turn a cool 60s wall hanger into a player with mostly vintage parts.

And it's my birthday this week. My {censored}ing birthday.

• Members

I dunno, I think maybe you got lucky here, and just don't realize it yet
:)
Happy Birthday in any event!

I know, right? But look at the body, like really look at it. It's really, really well done. It's balanced, the carve give it character, it looks more like a Univox or something to me. And it has really cool knobs. If this thing had an old $120, early 60s short scale Fender neck bolted on, you'd loose ur mind. Somebody would.

• Members

I just saw this on eBay, BIN $105 shipped. I debated two minutes, said yeah, and saw somebody scooped it up. I haven't bought guitar {censored} in years, and this is exactly the kind of project I want. The headstock is laminated in mahogony. Look at how {censored}ing cool the body carving is! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu* :arg:

mystery.png

I've never even seen one like this. Look at the recessed vibrato area. What a cool shape. If the neck was too thin, I'd slap an old Duo Sonic neck on it or something. I wanna turn a cool 60s wall hanger into a player with mostly vintage parts.

And it's my birthday this week. My {censored}ing birthday.

that body will be crazy small though if you got it.

• Members

+1. Better off you didn't get it. You woulda spent more money getting it usable than the original price. If you want an old Teisco, hold out for one that's ready to play NOW. I've been looking for one too, but it's gotta be THE specific model, AND has to be ready to go. Actually, looking to replace my first electric guitar. Probably will never happen, but I keep looking....

BUT... Happy Birthday!

• Members

I was gonna say it kinda reminded me of the Spectrum.

I guess I didn't make it clear, but the whole point is to turn a cheap, unique but not so great vintage guitar into a player. The more unique and haphazard an assembly the better. I'm going for mojo. Like I said, I'd put a whole other neck on it if the one on it didn't cut it, the purchase is built entirely around the body.

I'm looking at Kays, they are nice. The other plan is to murder a vintage flat top acoustic and put p-90s in it. :eek:

Archived