DOD pedals you actually have owned

hangwire

• Members

For DOD collectors: The first run of ~100 of the FX100 had a typo on the pedal. "Intergrated Tube" got printed somehow. I think 10 or 15 actually got sold before we could swap them out with the correct art. If you can find one of the typo FX100's it is the epitome of rare.

Interesting.

Hey, while you're here, could you clear up some mysteries/rumors regarding the DOD FX70p Big Pig Fat Distortion? Do you know approximately how many were made? And the name/artwork wasn't really supposed to be a Pink Floyd reference, was it?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting.

Hey, while you're here, could you clear up some mysteries/rumors regarding the DOD FX70p Big Pig Fat Distortion? Do you know approximately how many were made? And the name/artwork wasn't really supposed to be a Pink Floyd reference, was it?

I don't know how many were made, I'll see if I can find out but I doubt that info has survived the decades. No, the Big Pig had nothing to do with Floyd. IIRC it was a name requested by the retailer, and the font was some cheesball free font one of the designers found.

• Members

i've had a couple over the years, the ones i can remember are...

the oldies:
250 overdrive
280 compressor
240 mixer

the newies:
bi-fet
wah pedal
phaser
envelope filter
vibrothang
eq pedal
classic fuzz
icebox
juice box
milk box
gunkulator
supra distortion
classic tube
integrated tube
flanger
digital delay
multi play

i think the only one i still have is the mixer

• Members
For DOD collectors: The first run of ~100 of the FX100 had a typo on the pedal. "Intergrated Tube" got printed somehow. I think 10 or 15 actually got sold before we could swap them out with the correct art. If you can find one of the typo FX100's it is the epitome of rare.

That was a web pic. So I'd better check mine out when I get home.:thu:

• Members
The best was the fx86 death metal

had two loved them both.

one i was like 14 - 19 and was playing death metal (turrible tone required) but it jammed cause i had a 15 cab along with my 2x12 :lol:

then later i got another one and found it was {censored}ing NASTY on the bass :lol:

now i just have a fx 50 overdrive plus.

• Members

All of the Performer Series pedals sound phenomenal, in particular the 555 sounds
so
good. Plus it has socketed IC's so you can try different OPA's!

Yeah! The 555 was great! Never owned one but played a few back in the day. Might have to keep an eye out for one of those... hmmm...

Did not know that about the socketed ICs... cool bit of info.

• Members

Lets see:

UD5782176.jpg

This one first, Supra Distortion. Not bad for what I was into at the time, which was maxed gain rhythm stuff.

054728732_0539254586868896eb9d8711333038

The phaser wasn't bad either, pretty pronounced and easy to distort but had a nice fast speed on it.

dod-fx-17-wah-volume-controller-pedal-un

The volume/wah I still have, really dig the sweep of the wah and the convenience of being able to switch to volume quickly if a song calls for it. Me thinks its going to be sticking around in the long run.

• Members

Kinda neat that this thread had more than 3 responses :lol:

Also surprising that a few people still own some of the neon 80s dirt boxes

I don't think I could be a collector of the entire series, but I think it would be cool to own the ones I would have some type of use from. Currently I am on the lookout for:

Bass grunge

Bass overdrive from late 90s

And if I happen upon a classic fuzz, fx20 phasor 2 knob or Punkifier cheap enough I'd try them out and see if they had some sounds I would use.

• Members

I can't remember all the model numbers

Bass Grunge

FX-50 od

FX-50B od

American Metal 3 knob

American Metal 4 knob

Gonkulator

Milkbox

FX-9 delay

FX-? sampling delay

FX-60 chorus

FX-65 Chorus

FX-20B phaser

Bass Flanger

normal Flanger

Vintage OD-250

YJM-308 od

201 Phaser

Loop/Gate

FX-25

FX-25B love these for bass, always on my board

Flashback Fuzz- way way way better than you would think, imo anyway

VibroThang

newer Supra Distortion

FX-80 compressor

I thinks that's it, I'm obviously a fan of DOD

• Members

Lets see:

UD5782176.jpg

This one first, Supra Distortion. Not bad for what I was into at the time, which was maxed gain rhythm stuff.

When I moved to Kent several guys I played with had those. I assume Woodsey's music had them on a good sale at one point.

Archived