Ok, what am I doing wrong this time?

• Members
Unless I'm missing a mod in your pics, the 535Q is not true bypass. The only two I know of with this feature by Dunlop are the Bonamassa and the CAE404.

There's a 2005 schematic drawn by KHE that's floating around the web that shows that the 535Q is true bypass. The switch in that pic is a Carling 316-B-PP, DPDT. It's the same as this one from Small Bear:

316PP.jpg

• Members

There's a 2005 schematic drawn by KHE that's floating around the web that shows that the 535Q
is
true bypass. The switch in that pic is a Carling 316-B-PP, DPDT. It's the same as this one from Small Bear:

316PP.jpg

So this is the switch I'd need to replace it, and I can get it from Small Bear?

• Members

If the connectivity in TBP is correct, then you have to start thinking of "what else could kill it?"

The first thing that comes to mind is a short in the switch contacts that is shorting TBP-sig to Ground (but is actually not in the circuit when the sig goes to the wah circuitry).

So, put your meter from from tip-to-sleeve when the switch is in TBP. You should see the 1.1 meg that AmpSurgeon talked about.

• Members

If the connectivity in TBP is correct, then you have to start thinking of "what else could kill it?"

The first thing that comes to mind is a short in the switch contacts that is shorting TBP-sig to Ground (but is actually not in the circuit when the sig goes to the wah circuitry).

So, put your meter from from tip-to-sleeve when the switch is in TBP. You should see the 1.1 meg that AmpSurgeon talked about.

If TBP refers to the switch, then I have worked out that connectivity isn't right, and the switch is actually faulty. It just took me a little while to work that out.

• Members

If TBP refers to the switch, then I have worked out that connectivity isn't right, and the switch is actually faulty. It just took me a little while to work that out.

Unless you isolate the switch from the circuit you can't be certain it's faulty. Even though you measure a connection between prongs doesn't necessarily mean the switch is making that connection.

• 1 month later...

Archived