Anyone own a Vox AC4tv?

Jnichols2727

• Members

I have it with the 8" speaker... it's fun. The breakup on it is very nice and nasty. On 4w, it gets some good volume and stays clean... one thing to keep in mind is that is got a lot more low-end than you may expect and only a tone knob. Even all the way up, you can't kick the thump. Pedals... hmmm... mine obviously sounds wonderful with delays and modulation... I haven't done much with drives... When I want dirt, I crank the volume. This wasn't helpful at all.

• Members

i have the 10 inch version. it's decent. algal bloom fuzz sounds awesome with it, big muff pi, not so much. it can handle a micro pog like a champ, delay works really well with it(digital and not so digital)...the tone knob doesn't do much, unless you have it cranked on 4 watts setting(mine doesn't, at least..maybe its just my amp). it sounds great cranked, too. i prefer playing my strat through it, as apposed to my SG. i think the single coils sound better. chorus, reverb, flanger, etc., all work well with it.

• Members

Yea, its a cool amp... but doesn't have any of the Vox AC30 mojo. I have the 10" version (with a weber blue pup), and its got a lot of gain, and can be loud as hell for a 4 watt amp. I have played a few gigs with it, but it doesn't have enough low end to be a decent small gigging amp.

Archived