Peppermint Fuzz: Dark vs. Light

zooLemon

• Members

On vacation in California and had a chance to try the dark version of the Pepperment Fuzz yesterday. I loved the sound - does the Smashing Pumpkins thing very well - but I can see how it might be a little dark for some situations, especially since it doesn't really have a tone control.

How different is the regular version? How bright is it? Is there a big difference in the character of the sound or is it just an EQ difference? I know they are both supposed to do the sputtery thing, but can you get the same massive, thick, creamy-but-buzzy sound out of only the dark one?

• Members

When I compared the two I didn't find the regular to be bright at all. I'd say it's safer to say the Dark Peppermint is pretty dark, whereas Regular just sounds Regular like a fuzz should. It's an awesome fuzz though, I regret selling my regular Peppermint quite a bit

• Members

When I compared the two I didn't find the regular to be bright at all. I'd say it's safer to say the Dark Peppermint is pretty dark, whereas Regular just sounds Regular like a fuzz should. It's an awesome fuzz though, I regret selling my regular Peppermint quite a bit

As an avid "regular" peppermint fuzz user I would agree with this. Not too bright at all compared to other Ge fuzzes I have I'd actually say its dark sounding. I always wanted to try the dark but the one I have sounds so good I don't want to tempt it.

Archived