I see more and more bands asking for money on Kickstarter

Naterel

• Members

Not having a demo and album out there could be advantage to a perspective label. As discussed in the "Backstage with the band" sub-forum, some labels might be looking for the unknown-wow factor of an artist that DOESN'T have an internet presence built up.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not having a demo and album out there could be advantage to a perspective label. As discussed in the "Backstage with the band" sub-forum, some labels might be looking for the unknown-wow factor of an artist that DOESN'T have an internet presence built up.

tumblr_m9ljlfdxLU1revsmeo1_500.gif

• Members

And, yet, when someone refers to vinyl or records, they seem to know what is being talked about, without the need for a grammar nazi to come and "help". When one is talking about music, in what other fashion could 'vinyl' possibly be interpreted to mean?

And speaking of vinyl, what band in their right mind would sink money into vinyl in the first place? It is a dying genre of electronics. Kids born today don't even know what a CD player is, let alone explain tape and vinyl.

• Members

I guess I'm not hipster enough to know the difference.. sorry. I could care less about vinyl/records/whatever.. we've just been approached by a number of fans who want it on (whatever you would like me to call it to earn your internet approval.) I tend not to waist my time on meaningless matters such as this.. call it ignorance.. I call it selective understanding.

Archived