Looper advice needed.

recovery

• Members

I'm looking for a looper I can use live. My main needs are:

1. Able to loop a phrase, then loop another on top, and then erase the first one, while the second continues.

2. Easy and accurate timing with starting/stopping foot switch.

3. Under $200.

A bonus would be to have pre-recorded loops/sounds/etc. but this is not a requirement. I mainly need the foot switching to be smooth and accurate.

Thanks.

• Members

You could do that with the Boss DD-20 using the Digital Delay mode with the feedback cranked. I do this a lot live when in MIDI time with drum machines where sync needs to be perfect. Set up the delay time for how long you want your loop to be. Save that into the memory. Play the line and the infinite feedback loops the line and stays in time. Then toggle to manual mode and play another loop over the top of the first. You can then save that to a different memory location and clear out the first loop.

• Members

rc-20xl but it cant really do #1, but im sure you can work around it somehow. got mine for like $125 :thu:

not many loopers can erase hte original.

why not just play and record phrase 1, loop that, then play phrase 2 over it, then keep playing phrase two while you turn off the looper and phrase 1... :confused:

• Members

why not just play and record phrase 1, loop that, then play phrase 2 over it, then keep playing phrase two while you turn off the looper and phrase 1...
:confused:

I want to be able to play phase 3 (live) while phrase 2 is looping.

Example: Phrase 1... play live and loop phrase 2... stop phrase 1 and play live over phrase 2.

• Members

You could do that with the Boss DD-20 using the Digital Delay mode with the feedback cranked. I do this a lot live when in MIDI time with drum machines where sync needs to be perfect. Set up the delay time for how long you want your loop to be. Save that into the memory. Play the line and the infinite feedback loops the line and stays in time. Then toggle to manual mode and play another loop over the top of the first. You can then save that to a different memory location and clear out the first loop.

I will look in to this. Thx.

• Members

If number one isn't a factor; I'd say a jamman stereo or which ever other version is available near you used, is the trick; the stereo looks like the best option to me; under $200 used. Or the RC-2 or RC-20xl, both well under $200. The jamman's have a drum only output and SD card slots. pretty nice for loading tracks into if you want prerecorded stuff. Timing is just practicing with it. I liked the RC20xl, the auto-quantize is pretty nice; the jammans I'd imagine wouldn't be any more difficult to time correctly.

plus you can get the extra foot controllers cheap.

Archived