Sold something on ebay, but the payment is "under review"? Anyone had this?

onyxrhino

• Members

So, I've heard about people who have sold stuff on ebay and Paypal has held the funds until they shipped and got positive feedback. Never had that happen to me. But now, I've got something like the reverse. Paypal is reviewing the payment and tells me not to ship until they finish. Anyone had that happen before? Anyone know what causes this?

This is from the message on Paypal's site:

Wait to ship the item until we've completed Payment Review for this transaction.

To help protect you, PayPal is reviewing this payment.

The review process may take up to 24 hours.

We'll contact you as soon as we reach a decision.

You should not ship the item until we let you know the payment has cleared.

• Members

Never had that happen.

I have had the "we're holding the payment til the item arrives". That was pretty weak... they said it would be 30 days. I entered the tracking number, the package arrived and I ended up getting the payment in like 6 days instead of 30. I guess it takes the full 30 if you don't provide tracking.

As for your issue- maybe the buyer is a turd (or he has low feedback)?

• Members

So, I've heard about people who have sold stuff on ebay and Paypal has held the funds until they shipped and got positive feedback. Never had that happen to me. But now, I've got something like the reverse. Paypal is reviewing the payment and tells me not to ship until they finish. Anyone had that happen before? Anyone know what causes this?

Wait to ship the item until we've completed Payment Review for this transaction.

I've had that before. Not sure what triggers it but on the one I had it cleared the next day so no big deal.

Maybe they have their paypal attached to the checking account?

• Members

I've had that before. Not sure what triggers it but on the one I had it cleared the next day so no big deal.

Maybe they have their paypal attached to the checking account?

Glad to see this isn't a unique thing. Wish I knew what triggered it though. Either way, I should know tomorrow if the payment cleared.

• Members

I had that email this week, but the payment cleared the next day.

• Members

yeah, the payment cleared this morning. just a minor inconvenience. i wonder if there is another motivating factor to paypal/ebay holding up funds for so many transactions these days, rather than simply safety? I mean, can they earn interest by holding a payment overnight?

• Members

yeah, the payment cleared this morning. just a minor inconvenience. i wonder if there is another motivating factor to paypal/ebay holding up funds for so many transactions these days, rather than simply safety? I mean, can they earn interest by holding a payment overnight?

hell yeah they'll be earning interest on your money.

Archived