NPD: ss/bs MINI

captions87

• Members

C6844D71-9D91-43E0-A367-C073512E18B7-377

After having to part ways with my {censored} OD because of pedalboard space reasons, I'm thrilled to have one of the first ss/bs Mini OD's, which is basically a one-channel version of the {censored}, with a bias knob to dial in the "burst" mode instead of a separate channel, and a 2-band EQ instead of a tone knob, something I'm a HUGE fan of in dirt pedals. Really siked, and pleasantly surprised how fast it arrived, now I'll be able to use it when we play eagle rock music fest. To quote Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT!

• Members
C6844D71-9D91-43E0-A367-C073512E18B7-377

After having to part ways with my {censored} OD because of pedalboard space reasons, I'm thrilled to have one of the first ss/bs Mini OD's, which is basically a one-channel version of the {censored}, with a bias knob to dial in the "burst" mode instead of a separate channel, and a 2-band EQ instead of a tone knob, something I'm a HUGE fan of in dirt pedals. Really siked, and pleasantly surprised how fast it arrived, now I'll be able to use it when we play eagle rock music fest. To quote Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT!

Do you seem to be able to re-produce most of the sounds offered by the original version?

• Members

Do you seem to be able to re-produce most of the sounds offered by the original version?

you can get the majority of the way there and there are some other sounds available here that aren't in the {censored}. with the mini you can get some mis-biased, saggy sounds but you can't get the same gating crackle or the super heavy buzziness. they're similar enough that if you didn't think you would use the crackle stuff than the mini would be great, yet different enough that if you already have a {censored} there isn't complete overlap.

• Members

I actually am gonna get to try it out with my setup tonight for the first time, it's been an anxious couple of days. If what Brian says is true, then I should be in for a treat. While I really loved the craziness of the burst channel, I found I never really used it that much live, hence the move for the mini. The tone knob on the {censored} was one of the few I actually liked and could get along with my amp. The addition of bass and treble pots makes it that much more appealing. Really dying to try this out.

Archived