My Take on the iHonk / iStomp THANG.

alien

• Members

Ok, I guess im a snob but Ive used digitech for years want to give them a fair chance. But I really found my sound and magic when i left digital stuff.

Sometimes i think i can tell how good somethings going to be just by looking at it in the advertisement. Youve been around so long you learn to recognize the "hype a gimmicky crappy thing marketing campaign" from a mile away.

I just wanna air my ideas on the potential for Ipad I phone etc type platforms in the future. I started thinking maybe they are saying you can use your iphone as a headphone amp kinda thing and these iStomps are good effects for that type of thing? I have woodshedded like 5000 hours into a digitech multi fx headphone amp rig NO JOKE. So having a wireless iphone work as a headphone amp idea has me wanting.

When i jammed with my digitech multi I'd plug like four vintage boss pedals into it and a keeley compressor. To me it was important to have the pedals operate on batteries just to make setup quick and easy. Seeing the iStomps im thinking they wont work on batteries?

Ive heard plug in delays on bergs clips and they sound better than analog to me, if I EVER go back to digital THEY MUST MAKE IT SOUND BETTER THAN ANALOG!! I think they can do this.

What I really want is FRACTAL to turn my iPhone into an Axe-fx ultra I think that would be pretty cool for my phone to do infinite effect possibilities and ultra fine amp modelling into headphones etc , Im betting the iphone has the power to do something in this ballpark , weird as it sounds but I think our only limiting factor is our imagination. :idk: my .o2

W

• Members

I just want :snax: on my iPhone. I think we could all get behind that. I think digitech just see's OMG look how many people have iPhones! :eek: "just think if all the iphone peeps started buying our iStomps! we'd be rich!!! like ride on the coat tails of steve jobs and iphone. but .. there is potential there I think

• Members

I just want
:snax:
on my iPhone. I think we could all get behind that. I think digitech just see's OMG look how many people have iPhones!
:eek:
"just think if all the iphone peeps started buying our iStomps! we'd be rich!!! like ride on the coat tails of steve jobs and iphone.
but .. there is potential there I think

MULTiStomp

• Members

Youve been around so long you learn to recognize the "hype a gimmicky crappy thing marketing campaign" from a mile away.

Like below?

I have woodshedded like 5000 hours into a digitech multi fx headphone amp rig NO JOKE.

You have played practiced into a headphone amp for an average of 24 hrs a day for 208 days in total?

or 12 hrs a day for 1.14 years?

or 6 hrs a day for 3.14 years?

or a more realistic but still dedicated 3 hrs a day for 4.56 years?

or more probably 1 hour a day for 13.69 years?

Do you not like regular tube amps?

I

delays on bergs clips,

iceberg.gif

if I EVER go back to digital THEY MUST MAKE IT SOUND BETTER THAN ANALOG!!

Why did you wait 5000 hours to try analog?

I think our only limiting factor is imagination.
:idk:
my .o2

:idea:

Goddamn I love you alien. :love:

• Members

I had analog pedlols plugged into the sterile headphone amp. It had to be a small rig to fit in my locker at work , where i was allowed to woodshed six hours a night. Factor in ive been playing 40 years im willing to bet i know more than the HCFX shills. Ha ha pointing and laughing gif! Imagine that. ;)

Archived