OT: Is it weird to go to a bar and drink alone?

poolshark

• Members

I don't necessarily mean to sit alone and get sloshed on the reg, but I'm curious: Is it weird to go to a bar, order a drink, stare at it until I finish and not talk to anybody? In my youth, I always assumed I'd be judged a loner if I went anywhere and did anything without a sizable posse. That said, now that I'm working full time, playing in two bands, dating a demanding girlfriend and generally don't give a {censored}, I'd really relish the chance to sit and have a drink in silence. Amirite?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't necessarily mean to sit alone and get sloshed on the reg, but I'm curious: Is it weird to go to a bar, order a drink, stare at it until I finish and not talk to anybody? In my youth, I always assumed I'd be judged a loner if I went anywhere and did anything without a sizable posse. That said, now that I'm working full time, playing in two bands, dating a demanding girlfriend and generally don't give a {censored}, I'd really relish the chance to sit and have a drink in silence. Amirite?

yeah, it's fine. There's plenty in the "I don't drink/smoke/shoot up alone" crowd with plenty of substance abuse problems. Sometimes you just want to enjoy a quiet drink. Nothing wrong with that. I've done it plenty.

• Members

So I was like {censored} NO and I totally voted no. Then I thought about it and I have drank alone but it's always been because I've been watching football and that totally justifies it AND THEN I realised I voted yes.

Spooky.

• Members

It's not that bad, but I wouldn't do it. I'd rather take the Dutch route and bring beer back to my house to drink and not pay the premiums the bars charge for their pints.

That being said, I only ever go to the bar if its with good friends or getting paid to play for the night.

Archived