Daisy Chain Chord Question

KjStrat62

• Members

Cord. You can as long as you make sure to keep the exposed wires protected where you make the cut. A clean cut (to keep them from touching each other) and some electrical tape should do it.

I'm with Evets though, why not just leave it alone incase you ever want to expand?

• Members

I have a set of these. They've come in handy many times. I saw them at NAMM a couple years ago but its such a poorly marketed product no one knows about it.

http://dcvoltage.net/powerchain

its like a modular daisy chain. In some cases it doesn't work the greatest due to the size of the connectors in tight spots, but hey can't have your cake and {censored} it too.

• Members

I have a set of these. They've come in handy many times. I saw them at NAMM a couple years ago but its such a poorly marketed product no one knows about it.

its like a modular daisy chain. In some cases it doesn't work the greatest due to the size of the connectors in tight spots, but hey can't have your cake and {censored} it too.

Those are pretty awesome.

• Members

I'm with Evets though, why not just leave it alone incase you ever want to expand?

Because the four unused plugs are just flopping round and I've learned through experience that if they happen to touch something metal like the edge of your pedalboard or even certain pedals you can get a big pop sound which is embarrassing live.

• Members

Clearly there are no solutions like under-board sticky mouts with zip ties and
electrical tape
that could solve that problem.

That's the easiest thing to do... wrap a piece of electrical tape around the unused connectors (easy to remove the tape, plus no mess).

The first pedalboard I had was one of the Boss BCBs, which included a daisy chain cable AND some little plastic/rubber caps to cover any unused daisy chain connectors.

Archived