hangwire + sunday = fixing up guitars. strat edition

hangwire

• Members

changed the neck on my oldest owned guitar, as strat clone my now wife bought be back in 1996 or so.

81ACFD3E-C740-472B-8752-C35FF0A99275-212

had to sand the pocket a little to squeeze this jazzmaster neck in

then I strung it with some bullet end .12s

the bridge was floating more than it should have... but I found a trem spring in my misc drawer and now I have 5 on that bad boy

0682C0EC-8349-44A6-BD29-97AC155A752C-212

dick dale'd for a while and happy.

the neck pickup is stock, and what I play on a strat 99% of the time. With that, I got a sloppy wound single coil in the bridge that is prone to feedback and is just there for teh noisz

• Members

Nice addition thumb.gif could never stand bridge pup till i gotta frailn vh, y no whammy bar? Are there replacement strat whaammy bars that look like floyd whammy bars? If so i wanty ! Where are you on the klon wait list??

• Members

I did almost the same on my new used Squier Strat. Well, I installed a trem arm (thanks Tron Murphy), and adjusted up the trem claw.

I'm only playing .0095's so 3 springs is enough to keep it from floating.

Pr8PZ.jpg

GXrHD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by hangwire

View Post

arent mustang pickups just strat ones with solid covers?

Pretty much. They use similar bobbins and the size and shape are generally the same. The biggest difference is the pole pieces - they are not staggered like on most Strats, but instead sit flush with the top of the bobbin, allowing for the use of the solid plastic pickup covers.

Sound and output wise, they're fairly similar to Stat pickups, and Strat pickups can drop straight into a Mustang without modification, except for maybe the pickup covers.

Your Strat looks really nice BTW - nice job on the modifications. cool.gif

Archived