Best burgers

BHz_econo

• Members

Screw that. I'm allready planning trips to portland and seattle based of this thread. Sure I might play some music while I'm there, but it's all about burgers now. Lay it on us man. Touring musicians need to eat too. (I am not a touring music can)

The Nook is solid. Also cheap draft beers.

Best burgers in Winnipeg I'd say are 529 Wellington and The Peasant Cookery (fries are deep-fried in duck fat). Both restaurants have in-house ground quality meats, and cooked perfectly. But a heads up, 529 requires a little bit of a dress code, nice sweater or sports jacket or something.

The things we do for grounds meats on a bun...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Culver's. Everyone raves about 5 guys, their fries are ok, but the burger is *eh*...

But get a HOT Culver's ButterBurger... can't be beat. And they sell all kinds of ice cream and shakes and stuff, too.

Coming from someone that worked there way back in the day, their burgers aren't that great IMO. I like 5 Guys way better.

• Members

Seems like a lot of places are upping their game. Had burger @ BoB's Big Boy in Toluca Lake, was really {censored}ing good, grass fed angus sliders @ Mel's Drive in were good too. Still a fan of Clyde's (Wash D.C.) so good I've eaten it w/just a bit of salt (no topping/condiments).

Pier Burger (Santa Monica Pier) was pretty fan{censored}ingtastic. Think Shake Shack w/better fries..

DSC_0128.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by reverberlayed

View Post

ibfeMVWCR9AOZV.jpg

This is from a local restaurant called Prime 16. It was delicious. Applewood bacon, Gouda, mushrooms, grille onion an garlic aioli.

Representing right here, Prime 16 is awesome. Funny that's the first place I thought of when I saw the thread title. But seeing how it's a local joint, I didn't bother posting.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ambient Exposure

View Post

5 guys is on my to try list because of this video.

Having a couple of triple D spots in Sacramento i.e. Squeeze Inn and Dad's Kitchen...all I can say is meh. Had the squeeze burger a couple of times before the popularity and only a couple of times since but I am over it. Dad's burger was not tasty.

Nothing really beats a good homemade burger on a fresh kaiser bun.

• Members

In Philly it's pyt. (Pytphilly.com)

Korean short rib burger with kimchi is amazing

Cheesesteak burger (cheesesteak meat on a burger wit wiz, served on a Philly soft pretzel)

Pickle back burger (a pickleback is a shot of Jameson chased with a shot of pickle juice) burger has kickass bacon and a Jameson glaze... Look at their site and drool.

Archived