So I have an RE-20 headed my way...

ben_allison

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

Hey guys, instead of being happy with the pedal you purchased you should try this other, much newer, therefore cooler pedal instead.

My pedalboard doesn't have anything that new on it, except for the whammy.

Also, for those of you who complain about the space echo "tone suck", shhhhhhhhhhhh we are trying to play music over here.

• Members

View Post

Hey guys, instead of being happy with the pedal you purchased you should try this other, much newer, therefore cooler pedal instead.

Also, for those of you who complain about the space echo "tone suck", shhhhhhhhhhhh we are trying to play music over here.

• Members

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe

View Post

one of my favorite sounds is having the treble rolled off pretty dramatically and the feedback on the edge of runaway and the echo volume down so that its in the background. everything i play is clear but there is a background of almost oscillating warm washy stuff that sounds amazing.

This. Oh, this. With the IX setting (or whichthe{censored}ever is the one around 3:00 on the dial).

Anyone else finding it useful "for reverb purposes only?" It's kinda gleam-y/freeze-dried, but I like it.

• Members

i like it combined with the delay. on its own its a bit strange, but i find it adds some nice ambiance to the delay. i cant imagine the real spring box on the re-200 sounds like the model on the re-20, but i've never played a re-200 with a working reverb frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison

View Post

Apparently it sounds like {censored}e BECAUSE they tried to keep the modeling authentic (instead of "improving" anything).

People complain when something isn't the same as the original, and they complain when something is improved. There's no winning.

Well I wonder if they could have modeled the preamp, without making it affect your signal in bypass? I never found that the 201 really added anything I liked to my bypassed signal.....

...and the rever sounded like {censored}e, but it was sort of a novel sound. Granted, I never used it.

Archived