What floor tuner do you guys use for live concerts?

omni

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by GMPhillips

View Post

I watched this a few times and ended up getting the Pitchblack for $50 used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHlT-79zTk8

The thing is they're not comparing it to the polyphonic tuning mode on the TC. The Polytune is WAY faster for tuning and quick checks of your tuning. That's what sold me on it. I can immediately see which string is out of tune at a glance and go right to it. I spend way less time between songs tuning on stage. To me true bypass and reliability are my biggest concerns and most tuners will cover that and all of them will do a decent enough job in terms of accurach...saving me time while tuning is the deciding factor for me. I also own a Polytune Mini because saving space is also a consideration. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GMPhillips

View Post

I watched this a few times and ended up getting the Pitchblack for $50 used.

The thing is they're not comparing it to the polyphonic tuning mode on the TC. The Polytune is WAY faster for tuning and quick checks of your tuning. That's what sold me on it. I can immediately see which string is out of tune at a glance and go right to it. I spend way less time between songs tuning on stage. To me true bypass and reliability are my biggest concerns and most tuners will cover that and all of them will do a decent enough job in terms of accurach...saving me time while tuning is the deciding factor for me. I also own a Polytune Mini because saving space is also a consideration. thumb.gif

• Members

My TU-2 was one of the first pedals I ever bought. I must have had it for about 8 years or so, solid, brilliant tuning every time. If the likes of Noel Gallagher and Pete Townshend have had them on stage then they're definitely good enough for me. It was the only piece of tuning kit I used in the studio recently, and is always on my board live.

I will eventually get a Polytune though, only because now I have a guitar with a Floyd Rose Trem in my arsenal, and seeing all the strings tuning at once would definitely be of benefit.

• Members

My TU-2 was one of the first pedals I ever bought. I must have had it for about 8 years or so, solid, brilliant tuning every time. If the likes of Noel Gallagher and Pete Townshend have had them on stage then they're definitely good enough for me. It was the only piece of tuning kit I used in the studio recently, and is always on my board live.

I will eventually get a Polytune though, only because now I have a guitar with a Floyd Rose Trem in my arsenal, and seeing all the strings tuning at once would definitely be of benefit.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Banned

View Post

Oh Hai dog! Well, I'm waiting for mine.. I have borrowed 4 tuners and have 3 on my iphone. I have noticed that every one is off ever so slightly from on another as well as 2 I have on my PC. OCD is a bitch.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Banned

View Post

Oh Hai dog! Well, I'm waiting for mine.. I have borrowed 4 tuners and have 3 on my iphone. I have noticed that every one is off ever so slightly from on another as well as 2 I have on my PC. OCD is a bitch.

Archived