What floor tuner do you guys use for live concerts?

omni

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude

View Post

I love the Pitchblack and used a Korg DT10 for years -- I still have it and use it for an alternate board.

Not sure why but I always felt more comfortable with the Korg tuners as opposed to the Boss ones.

Also this - I still have/love my DT10 and I had 2 at one point, but somebody stole my black one. I still use it for my travel/acoustic board and if it were a bit smaller it would have made my main board, but the TU-2 fit better, so...

• Members

Still have my TU-2, which works fine, but I use the NS headstock tuners now. Less on the floor/in signal chain. So much easier and don't look like a stupid appendage to the headstock. @ $20/each, just stick one on each giuitar.

• Members

Polytune on my guitar board, pitchblack on the bass board. I'm about to upgrade to a Pitchblack plus on the bass board though why have an a/b box and a tuner when i can have both in the same thing, which opens up a power spot for another pedal. Totally_jammin_out.gif I've found the polytune the fastest for latching on to notes and tuning quickly for guitar, most bass players swear by the pitchblack though due to its accuracy down to E0.

• Members

I've got the polytune prolly 2ish years ago. Bought it when I was playing an LP and decided that the polyphonic mode was sorta gimmcky and never really used it.

Switched to the Charvels with the Floyds and was kinda bummin on tuning them. You hafta tune suveral times and sorta overtune the firs few strings you tune... (mine are set to float) annoying. Just a couple weeks ago I radomly remembered about the polyphonic mode and god damn if it doesn't make tuning with a Floyd waaaaaaaaaaay faster and easier.

Polyphinic tuning has become really important to me.

Archived