New Guitar Day (Jazzmaster)

ben_allison

• Members

It was so flakey. I should try again. Fiddling with those pots... I was able to get it to work, but once I'd reach the end of a sweep, the setting I was trying to control would just reset... like at a certain point the voltage was too high, and "reset" the parameter.

Thanks for reminding me! I should try again...

• Members

It was so flakey. I should try again. Fiddling with those pots... I was able to get it to work, but once I'd reach the end of a sweep, the setting I was trying to control would just reset... like at a certain point the voltage was too high, and "reset" the parameter.

Thanks for reminding me! I should try again...

• Members

yeah, that's what I found when I was trying some time ago. There was a thread you had on the Line6 forum where 2 dudes were advising separate parameters - did you go with one setting rather than the other? I recall one of the forumites warned of an over voltage problem.

I recently thought I'd give it another go so I got a Hosa 3.5mm stereo to 1/4" mono cable last week but as it turned out the T/R/S grouping to mono was backwards from what the fx-17 puts out; just today I got a 3.5mm mono cable that I'll likely just throw an adapter on.

• Members

yeah, that's what I found when I was trying some time ago. There was a thread you had on the Line6 forum where 2 dudes were advising separate parameters - did you go with one setting rather than the other? I recall one of the forumites warned of an over voltage problem.

I recently thought I'd give it another go so I got a Hosa 3.5mm stereo to 1/4" mono cable last week but as it turned out the T/R/S grouping to mono was backwards from what the fx-17 puts out; just today I got a 3.5mm mono cable that I'll likely just throw an adapter on.

• Members

FWIW, the Line6 forum thread I was referencing, it's like the first hit for a "DOD FX-17 to M9" search:

http://line6.com/support/thread/26729

and the line I found interesting:

If I am correct you could maybe backdrive the input with a voltage source and force that node to operate in say a 0-2V range (5V would be too much) - you might get away with it but seems risky...

Also - I found if you exceed around 2.2V the pedal considers a high voltage as a disconnected EXP pedal. This is actually quite inconvenient as I think you have to change patch or power cycle the unit (I forget which) to make the EXP work again!

Archived