Is the Pro Co RAT good at cutting through live mix?

Elessar [Sly]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Rat2 definitely seems like it would take abuse (or give it for that matter) better than the Black Secret, and it's definitely easier to aim a foot at. I own both, love both, but haven't yet set them up side-by-side for a shootout.

Enjoy your Rat2.
Steve

• Members

The Rat2 definitely seems like it would take abuse (or give it for that matter) better than the Black Secret, and it's definitely easier to aim a foot at. I own both, love both, but haven't yet set them up side-by-side for a shootout.

Enjoy your Rat2.
Steve

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by stevemcb View Post
I own both, love both, but haven't yet set them up side-by-side for a shootout.

Enjoy your Rat2.
Steve
The black secret has more bottom end/ lower mids at all settings so it sounds a little thicker. That means that with the gain maxed it's a little more blown out sounding, but at lower settings it's pretty damn cool.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by stevemcb View Post
I own both, love both, but haven't yet set them up side-by-side for a shootout.

Enjoy your Rat2.
Steve
The black secret has more bottom end/ lower mids at all settings so it sounds a little thicker. That means that with the gain maxed it's a little more blown out sounding, but at lower settings it's pretty damn cool.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus

View Post

If I was the only guitarist in the band I'd consider this a little more, but since there is two guitarists I'm not fussed about too many lower mids/bottom end at the moment.

• Members

View Post

If I was the only guitarist in the band I'd consider this a little more, but since there is two guitarists I'm not fussed about too many lower mids/bottom end at the moment.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar [sly]

View Post

Sounds sensible. Also it'd totally depends on the rest of your setup as to which one works better anyway. I prefer the Rat to the Black secret because it's a better shape to stomp on.

• Members

View Post

Sounds sensible. Also it'd totally depends on the rest of your setup as to which one works better anyway. I prefer the Rat to the Black secret because it's a better shape to stomp on.

• Members

View Post

Yeah I have my pitch box sideways on my board so I am less likely to stomp on the controls.

• Members

View Post

Yeah I have my pitch box sideways on my board so I am less likely to stomp on the controls.

• Members

View Post

Favourite song where a RAT was used?

I don't know which songs specifically, but I know that David Gilmour used one extensively and a RAT was also all over early foo fighters albums. Jeff Beck has been known to use them also, Coldplay, there's so many bands out there using one now.

• Members

View Post

Favourite song where a RAT was used?

I don't know which songs specifically, but I know that David Gilmour used one extensively and a RAT was also all over early foo fighters albums. Jeff Beck has been known to use them also, Coldplay, there's so many bands out there using one now.

Archived