anyone ever make you want to quit playing?

Y0UNGBL00D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

Im beginning to think I should have titled this thread something else, the sarcasm seems to be lost.

Point is that these kids who were obviously funded by daddy are surprisingly good

If they were funded by daddy, then they are just lucky: can't fault them for that. I never was blessed with such materials as a youth, but hey live and let live a little, and let the tykes enjoy themselves.

• Members

View Post

Im beginning to think I should have titled this thread something else, the sarcasm seems to be lost.

Point is that these kids who were obviously funded by daddy are surprisingly good

If they were funded by daddy, then they are just lucky: can't fault them for that. I never was blessed with such materials as a youth, but hey live and let live a little, and let the tykes enjoy themselves.

• Members

View Post

We heard you. Just took it elsewhere; you will find this happening occasionally on interwebz.

Yeah, I think it's funny when people are all "spoiled little ... " WTF? Are 12 year olds supposed to go live like Robert Johnson for a few years to gain authenticity? I can attest that being a suburban whiteboy has pains all it's own ...

• Members

View Post

We heard you. Just took it elsewhere; you will find this happening occasionally on interwebz.

Yeah, I think it's funny when people are all "spoiled little ... " WTF? Are 12 year olds supposed to go live like Robert Johnson for a few years to gain authenticity? I can attest that being a suburban whiteboy has pains all it's own ...

• Members

View Post

Well, to be fair, my first electric was bought for me at age thirteen, and I could scarcely get a job at that age. It wasn't daddy's money, either; it was mommy. She saw that I wasn't a football star and that my passion in life was music, so she bought me a tool to express myself.

But what do you want rich kids to do? Not be rich anymore? If they're twelve and can shred, it doesn't matter if they're doing it on a Squier or a PRS. They had to work to do that.

What puts me off making music is not the talented youth, but the older generations who expect the younger ones to go about things as they did.

• Members

View Post

Well, to be fair, my first electric was bought for me at age thirteen, and I could scarcely get a job at that age. It wasn't daddy's money, either; it was mommy. She saw that I wasn't a football star and that my passion in life was music, so she bought me a tool to express myself.

But what do you want rich kids to do? Not be rich anymore? If they're twelve and can shred, it doesn't matter if they're doing it on a Squier or a PRS. They had to work to do that.

What puts me off making music is not the talented youth, but the older generations who expect the younger ones to go about things as they did.

Archived