Bought a new case, and it stinks to high heaven. Any ways to get rid of the stink?

hooya

• Members

OK, 18 or so hours after febreezing the thing... Now it smells like febreeze covering the dusty chemical smell. Like I figured would happen...

The problem is that I think the smell is coming from the foam core of the case, not the felt interior, or even the glue connecting the two. It's a deep seeded problem.

Dank weed would be awesome, but unfortunately that {censored}'s expensive enough in Minnesota as it is to risk the weed starting to smell like this case!

I'm about to dump a bunch of baking soda in here to see if that helps, but first I'm going to try to find some incense.

I'm not sure what to do with vinegar and sunlight. We're only getting half a regular amount of sunlight here anyway these days, and any vinegar would probably just freeze. No good southern exposure location handy to put the thing that isn't in the middle of a snowy yard or the middle of the street. Wrong time of year.

• Members

It's the glue.
I've had a couple cases like this. One cheaper one, and one that was supposed to be slightly higher end. One was so bad I returned it. But even the one I kept made my guitar permanently smell. I'd put some big open containers or coffee grounds and baking soda in there and leave it for a few days...?

• Members

hooya i feel your bassoon playing pain frown.gif picked up an amp from a serious smoker and it stinks to high heaven too. any ways to get rid of the stink? wipe it all down with rubbing alcohol like 20 times? let it sit outside for a while in the sun??

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFFTA View Post
Ah of course... Its winter your way

Mix some vinegar, baking soda and maybe some eucalyptus oli with water. Put in a spray bottle. Spray in the case, let it sit for a while....
you from the land down under?? confused.gif

Archived