The "FUZZ" Lounge

fuzzface71

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by RossCompress

Who puts the internal trimmer on the ouside?

The most useful control on the inside?!?!?!

Kill me please if this has been a much cussed and discusssssed topic....

rk

I set up a "GRIT" control that lets you alter the transistor bias. At one extreme, it's loud and harsh, at the other extreme, it's constricted and farty sounding. In between, there's an entire range of heavanly, classic fuzz sounds. Right in the middle it's fat, round and smooth. I love the GRIT control.

Before you get any ideas.... Remember what Jimi said...

I got my own world to live through.....and I aint gonna copy you.

...If six was nine, Jimi Hendrix

• Members

nice one, Dr. Ramlan..im sure boron will come charging in here,
pistols drawn chanting Beebaa any moment:D (cause I just did)

by the way, I ve been awake for 30 hours (im hallucinating i have two space echos...oh! i do:D :D )this thread is almost 7000 views..GOOD LORDIE>>>MUST BE THE BIGGEST EVER!!!

• Members

i've only ever played one Fuzz pedal - i've got a Big Muff (american made one) and i think it's actually kinda cool... yeah, you can't do palm muting with it very well but sometimes it can sound really good, especially with some of my own stuff... :)

i don't know if my RP3 has any fuzz settings on it but i still can't find my way around the damn thing and i've had it for 3 years! :p

• Members
Originally posted by seifukusha

nice one, Dr. Ramlan..im sure boron will come charging in here,

pistols drawn chanting Beebaa any moment:D (cause I just did)

by the way, I ve been awake for 30 hours (im hallucinating i have two space echos...oh! i do:D
:D
)this thread is almost 7000 views..GOOD LORDIE>>>MUST BE THE BIGGEST EVER!!!

Now we need a pic of either Boron's or your AD50 Double Beat. :)

Stay away from the mushrooms, Joey, especially the big one with the caterpillar on top smoking a hookah. :D

• Members

I'll post one of the mystery 'wau wau fuzz' tomorrow (i"ll have to borrow the digi camera from work tho).

Damn, I had a few jams recently with that sucker at stage volume - it is the raspiest, ugliest, dryest sounding mufugger you can imagine. Usually I run it with my Soldano (16 watts only) and it smooths it out alot (but it's still gritty as hell) but over the weekend we had a couple of different stacks blowing with rats, the 'baa, hotcakes, delays, flangers/phasers, and all manner of other noisey things and that one pedal just ate through it all. It hurt, really it did - kinda one of those times where you're anxious to hit the strings because of what might happen.

As my friend said - if someone could put a microphone up to a hangover, that's what it would sound like!

- Hey - cool to hear that you guys had a sweet time meetin' up and scouring the junkshops.

• Members
Originally posted by Forsythia

i've only ever played one Fuzz pedal - i've got a Big Muff (american made one) and i think it's actually kinda cool...

This mango muff looks almost good enough to eat. Transplant courtesy of dgboggs and abysmal paint job by yours truly. :D

• Members
Originally posted by Boron

I'll post one of the mystery 'wau wau fuzz' tomorrow

Damn, I had a few jams recently with that sucker at stage volume - it is the raspiest, ugliest, dryest sounding mufugger you can imagine.

As my friend said - if someone could put a microphone up to a hangover, that's what it would sound like!

- Hey - cool to hear that you guys had a sweet time meetin' up and scouring the junkshops.

Looking forward to the pic, Boron.

Wonder when I can pop down under to the land of the Kiwis and Boron? :D

• Members

You're welcome anytime - just don't expect to score deals like Mr. Seifu! Old stuff comes up irregularly, but most of the time it's reasonably priced.

My mystery pedal was found by a friend of mine on the side of the road (!!!!!!) - he gave it to me cause he really isn't intersted in obscuro stuff. I guess that's a good thing though - It was in 2 pieces (wah had fallen off) and was (and still is) really beaten. Cost me a few dollars to get fixed up (it's still really glitchy though - I could never gig it) and i have no idea if it's sound is true to how it originally was.

I mean, it could have been rained on for a week!

• Members
Originally posted by Boron

You're welcome anytime - just don't expect to score deals like Mr. Seifu! Old stuff comes up irregularly, but most of the time it's reasonably priced.

My mystery pedal was found by a friend of mine on the side of the road (!!!!!!) - he gave it to me cause he really isn't intersted in obscuro stuff. I guess that's a good thing though - It was in 2 pieces (wah had fallen off) and was (and still is) really beaten. Cost me a few dollars to get fixed up (it's still really glitchy though - I could never gig it) and i have no idea if it's sound is true to how it originally was.

I mean, it could have been rained on for a week!

No problem. Scoring deals is a secondary matter.

The nice thing is being able to meet up with fellow-forumites. In fact, the nicest thing about the meeting with Joey was actually getting to meet him (really really cool, easy-going and friendly guy, a prince) and the visit to his place and getting to try out his stuff - that itself was really educational and eye-opening. without that, I wouldn't have seen and heard for myself how good the AD50 and DM300 are.

BTW, that was really interesting how you chance upon the Wau Wau fuzz. I wouldn't worry about the possibility that it might have got rained on for a week - if it works, it must have survived the ordeal unscathed. :)

• Members
Originally posted by keramat8

Thanks for checking in, Boron. That's 3 from the BeeBaa Chapter. Fast draw dudes. AF100?
:)

I had been in bed for an hour..it was the middle of the night here! Still, I is 'ere, representin' da BeeBaa massive. Big Up.
(Makes mental note- Ali G impression is neither topical nor funny)
I sent payment for my Fuzz Machine today. Japanese slider-control madness beckons!

Archived