The AUTHENTIC Johnny DeMarco Appreciation Lounge

• Members

yep... thats the diff. my guess is demarco would be a super nice guy when ya met him, he's just a little over the top in the demos, but still in a happy silly way

zucker is a douche in his demos and even more of one when you interact with him personally. douchenozzle supreme right there.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't imagine a bigger douche.

I have to agree but I'll give him one thing, he is truly passionate about boss pedals and as long as your passion is 100% truthful that's all that counts.:thu:

second thought, we've all been duped and he's just a big corporate liar! :lol:

• Members

he is the consumate company man, even when those horrid boss pedals sound like tin trash cans he makes the rock face and goes with it. The guy is a heck of a player!

i have seen several Roland product demo guys over the years, and DeMarco is the best one EVER.....he can REALLY play his ass off.

i guess since i'm an 80s guy, of course i would dig him :facepalm:

but as a product demo guy, he is top notch......:thu:

• Members

ok seriously i gotta admit i've made a lot of fun of him over the years but i've always thought he was an awesome player... but i've finally decided he's just straight up fun to watch too. i can't believe i really enjoyed just watching 8 minutes of the cube video. lmao. nobody else could have made me sit through that :thu:

• Members

ok seriously i gotta admit i've made a lot of fun of him over the years but i've always thought he was an awesome player... but i've finally decided he's just straight up fun to watch too. i can't believe i really enjoyed just watching 8 minutes of the cube video. lmao. nobody else could have made me sit through that
:thu:

^This.

I've watched a lot of product demo videos and invariably finding myself scanning through them to only find out what I'm interested in. With Johnny it's always a show. I mean the LS-2 demo should be the most mundane thing ever, yet I've watched it THREE times today. Why? It's all Johnny baby, all Johnny.

Johnny DeMarco is the Bob Ross of gear demos.

• Members

My personal favourite:

[YOUTUBE]124brfVrXts[/YOUTUBE]

Highlights

0:16 -- the way he emphasizes Boss US with a little fist action

0:31 -- chuckle as he says "that's right:

0:51 -- "Ladies and gentlemen -- let's hear a couple tones."

1:05 -- the pause before he starts playing

1:27 -- the grin

1:42 -- the grimmace

1:45 -- the grin

2:40 -- multiple fists pumps