The OFFICIAL Boss OD-3 Lounge

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just got one today with the Monte Allums mod.

I got it on ebay for $66 shipped.

I have never tried it stock so I don't have anything to compare it to, but man I love this pedal.:love::love::love:

Its the overdrive sound that I've been looking for and it sounds great with ALL of my amps, which is something that I could only say of my OCD.

The led is a bit intense though...

• Members

So I just got a stock OD-3 today and I had a side by side comparison.

IMHO the stock version sounds much better than the Monte Allums version.

The Monte has more volume and gain on tap, but it also sounds much middier.

I like pushing my mids with my amp so I'm keen on the flatter EQ in the stock version.

I do like that super bright LED though...

• Members

So I just got a stock OD-3 today and I had a side by side comparison.

IMHO the stock version sounds much better than the Monte Allums version.

I like pushing my mids with my amp so I'm keen on the flatter EQ in the stock version.

I do like that super bright LED though...

to my ears the mod just smoothed everything out. must be the difference in amps. I have a Carvin Nomad,it's range is a bit on the dark side.

• Members

You guys are really making me want one now for myself.

Its kinda like being at a bar and somebody orders a bloody mary and it looks so good and then everyone orders one.

Would like to replace my Barber LTD with something though........hmmm.

Yes, stores never stock this pedal and its out of stock at many online stores. Sweetwater still has them though.

• Members

to my ears the mod just smoothed everything out. must be the difference in amps. I have a Carvin Nomad,it's range is a bit on the dark side.

I tested them out on an Ampeg V-4 head w/marshall 1960 lead 4x12 and an Orange Rockerverb 50 combo.

I found the same differences with both amps. Since I bought the monte allums modded pedal on ebay, I really can't speak to the quality of the workmanship on the mod.

But that was the case for me.

• Members

thats what i heard. the pedal by itself doesnt have that tubescreamer mid hump (i hate tubescreamers) and thats what first turned me on to it.

i think im gonna pass on the mods. i love the way it sounds now, and i was contemplating trying out the mod, but why mess with a good thing?

• Members

thats what i heard. the pedal by itself doesnt have that tubescreamer mid hump (i hate tubescreamers) and thats what first turned me on to it.

i think im gonna pass on the mods. i love the way it sounds now, and i was contemplating trying out the mod, but why mess with a good thing?

Definitely keep it stock.

I wish I had just grabbed a stock one from ebay instead of getting the modded one first.

It should have struck me as strange that there were way more modded pedals for sale than stock ones.

• Members

echodeluxe what happened to your demo?
:(

What kind of setup are you looking at hearing mate? I can do some quick clips depending on if you want a tele-like sound, humbucker or p90s through a fender super reverb, an ampeg vt-22 or an old laney klipp through a 2x12 (celestion vintage 30) .

You choose :)

• Members

What kind of setup are you looking at hearing mate? I can do some quick clips depending on if you want a tele-like sound, humbucker or p90s through a fender super reverb, an ampeg vt-22 or an old laney klipp through a 2x12 (celestion vintage 30) .

You choose
:)

Tele through a Super Reverb would be amazing. I bet it sounds pretty sweet :love:

Maybe a short part with humbuckers as well, I sometimes run my single-coils in series.

Thanks!!:thu:

• Members

Tele through a Super Reverb would be amazing. I bet it sounds pretty sweet
:love:

Maybe a short part with humbuckers as well, I sometimes run my single-coils in series.

Thanks!!
:thu:

Once my flatmate wakes up, I'll get to it! ;)

• Members

You f'ers!!!! Now I'm going to buy an OD-3!!! {censored}! I was going to start saving up for a Dr. Z, but hell...if this baby can give me the overdrive sound I'm looking for out of my twin I'll be in heaven, because the cleans are perfect. Nice thread. I would LOVE to hear it played with a tele through the super reverb as well. Rock on.

Archived