Number of synths owned by the KSS community

Mediterranean

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just haven't sold much over the years. Started in the late 70s and picked up stuff cheap second hand. Still enjoy messing around and haven't had a reason to sell them; although with the market going through the roof it got tempting.

Didn't because its never been about the $; for me its about having fun.

Damn, a Neuron? What do you think of it?

I have the VST/module version.

• Members
Oh cool, nonetheless. Which synths are non-modular? :=)

in use:
andromeda
voyager old school
radias KB
alesis SR16

plus on teh way out soon:
nord micro modular
waldorf pulse
yamaha dx200
redsound dark star
emu audity 2000
korg 05r/w

plus the analogue systems modular makes, er, 11.

better make that 1,146

:facepalm:

• Members

I've heard it's buggy and a CPU hog. Getting some mileage out of it?

Yes and no. I don't use it that often. It was an expensive experiment since I couldn't find the keyboard anywhere, and the VST seemed interesting and more portable.

I have to say that I would be hard pressed to imitate what it can do without chaining a bunch of stuff together. It's like the Virus meets Amosphere, along with some crazy filter bank or something like Hyperprism. It can go from beautiful to grating in a matter of seconds. There is a lot of subtlety, but most haters never took the time to see what it can really do. I feel it was worth the money. One of these days I'm going to dive deeper into it.

It is not easy on the CPU, but it's worth it for what it brings to the table. LinnPlug Octoplus is no CPU lightweight either, and it's nice on the ears.

It's not buggy, but I wish they had time to finish all of the proposed features before the company tanked. I found a website where fans are trying to finish the work that was done on the Neuron once they can gain access to the code. We'll see I guess.

Archived