Number of synths owned by the KSS community

Mediterranean

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, the SP-404 made me pause, too. But at the end of the day, it doesn't count. Thing is, a full-blown sampler would (whether it's a rackmount or, i.e. an ESX-1), so the line is fine. I guess by counting my long-suffering DIY failure, I counted the SP-404 as .5, and the PAiA as .5.

• Members

Just haven't sold much over the years. Started in the late 70s and picked up stuff cheap second hand. Still enjoy messing around and haven't had a reason to sell them; although with the market going through the roof it got tempting.

Didn't because its never been about the $; for me its about having fun.

• Members

Didn't because its never been about the $; for me its about having fun.

Sounded like a beautiful proverb:thu:

Don't forget to update our number if/when you sell something. And I'm glad I started this thread: look what's emerging from it. Maybe some people here can buy some of your stuff or do exchanges. It's a nice community:)

• Members

Okay guys, I just noticed a problem:

Some of us have replied at the same time, which screws up the number.

Please refresh the page as soon as you post a new number and read what number was typed just before you, and in some cases, just after you.

Correct it if you see a problem:)

• Members

Wait, so electro-mechanical counts?

882 + Wurlie =

"Wurlie" = instrument used in "Eye in the Sky" [The Alan Parsons Project]?

Hmmm... tempted to agree on your addition if that's the case..

In my original post, I was going to simply type "keyboards", then I realized that we would be bombarded with Casio toys etc. So I opted for "synths" instead, to narrow things down. Hard decision.

P.S: when I was in middle school, a long time ago in my country, I remember playing on a friend's keyboard called "harmonium". Never seen it mentioned in this forum.

Archived